You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Email address for Affinity support?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Tr48 said:

All I get is 404 error when trying to submit a ticket to technical support

Can you provide a link to the page you’re on when (or rather, just before) you get that error?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Tr48 said:

when trying to submit a ticket to technical support

I understood that from your previous post, thanks.

1 hour ago, Tr48 said:

Through the AF contact

Which is where, please? As I said in my previous post:

On 03/03/2018 at 0:06 PM, Alfred said:

Can you provide a link to the page you’re on when (or rather, just before) you get that error?

In other words, it would be helpful to know the URL of the page where the form submission fails.

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks, @Tr48. Does the 404 error page tell you the URL of the page it’s trying to display?

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Roger Lievens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can only use this command with pixel layers (check the label between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers panel). If it says Image you must Rasterise it first to be able to use that layer. To do it right-click the Image layer in the Layers panel and select Rasterise.... So with the pixel layer selected go to menu Select ▸ Select Sampled Colour..., click over the colour you want to select then adjust the Tolerance slider in the Select Sampled Colour dialog to increase/decrease the range of the selection.

Image layers are a special layer type that retains all the original image data - you can think of them as embedded images -. They are created when you use the Place Image Tool, the File ▸ Place command or when you simply drag them from the Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows) to the canvas of an opened document. They can be transformed globally (rotated, skewed etc) without losing quality but they cannot be edited/manipulated at a pixel level. For that they must be rasterised first as described above.

• 11 months later...
20 hours ago, jimcappellino@gmail.com said:

I have been trying to download Affinity Publisher Beta, with NO success! Your customer support references are NOT providing a phone # to contact you....WHY??? I hear multiple similar complaints from your recent customers. STEP UP and be accountable. 

What happens when you try to download the beta? 

Speaking as someone with a background in business improvement, I'm sure Serif would like to know where you've heard those complaints.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Your customer support references are NOT providing a phone # to contact you....WHY???

You, on the other hand, are making it very easy for spammers to contact you!

It isn’t a good idea to use your email address as your forum username. To change it, go to your Account Settings page, click or tap on the ‘Display Name’ link, type a new display name into the box and press ‘Save’.

As for contacting Serif, try here: Contact Us.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Hi jimcappellino,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I've just checked the download links (for Mac and Windows) and both are working for me. What the issue with the download? Is it too slow downloading the file, stops at the middle, the downloaded file doesn't start/run? What OS are you running? Have you tried with another browser? Let me know your OS and I will provide an alternative link for you.

@MEB Anecdata in case it's useful: When I tried to install 1.7.0.123 (Mac) Sunday afternoon (Pacific time) via the auto-update mechanism, I got a generic "update failed" dialog somewhere around middle-2/3rds of the download (sorry, no screenshot or exact text but it had no detailed info). Canceled the update, restarted APh beta, retried the install, worked fine the second time. No other signs of connectivity issues at the time.

Seemed more gremlinish until I noticed other people reporting issues so... here's my experience to add to the info pile.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

Maybe some domain related URLs have changed or the like, I recall that the forum URL slightly changed some days ago.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2