You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'd like to fill a circle with a bitmap image. The forums told to use the gradient fill on the shape an select bitmap. Unfortunately I don't have the bitmap option (I have the german version activated, but there is nothing similar) in my Affinity Designer 1.4. How can I do that?

Is it as Alternative possible to cut a circle out of a bitmap with the geometry tool?

In the attached File I'd like to place the bitmap in the inner white circle to get a button with the image and a black border.

Before I draw that in InkScape or before in CorelDraw, but I'd like to switch to Affinity ...

marvins.afdesign

post-23401-0-25179000-1449922087_thumb.png

post-23401-0-91902000-1449922115_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi siebente,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

Just drag the image in the Layers panel over the white circle layer (you should see a thin blue line appear below the circle layer. If you wait a few moment before releasing the mouse button Affinity will also show a preview on canvas of what you will get when you release the mouse button.

Another way to do it, is to select the image, go to menu Edit -> Copy, then select the white circle layer and go to menu Edit -> Paste Inside.