You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Coming 2016 - 32bit HDR Editing! (Sneak preview!)

So if I use a "too strong" levels adjustment and clip (I hope it´s the right word) the whites and then adjust the exposure later on (bring it down), the whites detail will come back?

That sounds good cause I questioned myself just recently if it would be better to use levels adjustment in an early or a late stage of image manipulation....your solution would erase that question :)

The benefits are not kept when exporting to 8/16bit - but you don't need to!

As well as being able to keep the .afphoto file, we are also adding import / export support for OpenEXR and JPEG-XR - both of which can store 32bit unbounded.

Thanks,

Andy.

OpenEXR - I hope this means that you'll support import of OpenEXR as well :)

Andy, will the native Affinity file formats (.afdesign, .afphoto, etc) support 32-bit HDR, or only via import and export of OpenEXR format files?

Yes, both import and export :D

A

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Great that's what i was hoping to hear... What an amazing format you guys have developed!

Adoblow™ — your days are numbered!

.afdesign and .afphoto are the same format - just with different names - and they will both support 32-bit HDR completely :)

A

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 1 month later...

I'd love to work with 32 render passes too . Only problem Photo needs a few  tools from node based Fusion and Nuke to make any advantages from that. Or at least a kind of "formula" driven layers and masks  where I could use output of certain layer group as a mask for another layer .  

Photo ability to do that are extremely limited. Not even at Photoshop level comparing with its clipping groups feature appeared in cs6.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.