You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo iPad (Pro)

Hi there!

As a Photographer and recent convert to Affinity Photo i must congratulate you for the wonderful job you are doing to "free us from Photoshop" :)

I read mentions on the forum about iPad versions and the teaser for Designer looks great. However I would love to know if there is an iPad Pro optimised version of Photo in the making?

There are tons of photo apps but none that would suit a professional photography workflow. Adobe's apps are honestly a joke with Lightroom being the biggest one and I'm not interested in all the cloud thing. What many photographers i think could benefit from is a really powerful mobile editor with full RAW capabilites. Downloading to the iPad Pro in the field, and being able to do all the editing there would be a dream.

Why not do this on a laptop? Because manipulating photos with hands and pencil on a touch interface is so much more natural. Because the iPad is easier to hold, carry, has better batter life...

I love my iPad Pro but honestly, I'm waiting for it killer photo app. I really hope you guys will do that!

Cheers!

I really hope for iPad versions asap, as there aren't many pro apps especially in the photo arena. Designer has some decent competition but Pixelmator (the closest i can think of) pales compared to Affinity Photo. I really wish for a true RAW photo processing engine on the iPad Pro.

Please Santa, make these wishes come true!

• 4 weeks later...

Eventually...

The Future....

When They Are Ready....

:P

In all honesty sounds like they are gunna do publisher first, then (I hope) the DAM and then iOS versions of all 4. at least thats my hope

Sorry to hijack, but what's DAM? I thought Publisher was the last of the Affinity suite.

• 1 month later...

Something is running on my mind! What if the iPad and the Mac work together? I don't know the iPad version, but I'm not sure if it will provide all the tools that the mac version offer, but what if they work together and/or independent?. I just imagine working on the field, taking photos, uploading it on my iPad and making some edition on the go, then i reach home, turn on my iMac and then I keep working, using my iPad as a capture tablet, instead using my mouse, but with all the power of the Mac version. It will be one of the few apps that will break the division between iOS and OS, communicating two devices for the same purpose, a better way to create, edit and share your designs and photos.

Something is running on my mind! What if the iPad and the Mac work together? I don't know the iPad version, but I'm not sure if it will provide all the tools that the mac version offer, but what if they work together and/or independent?. I just imagine working on the field, taking photos, uploading it on my iPad and making some edition on the go, then i reach home, turn on my iMac and then I keep working, using my iPad as a capture tablet, instead using my mouse, but with all the power of the Mac version. It will be one of the few apps that will break the division between iOS and OS, communicating two devices for the same purpose, a better way to create, edit and share your designs and photos.

The feature name you're looking for is called Handoff, and it could totally happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...