You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Group of layers darker at bottom of page?

Hello,

First things first - I am a newbie to the Affinity software or any kind of photo editing/design software so I will explain as clearly as I can. I am using a MacBook air 2015 model.

• I am using affinity photo to make some greeting cards. 
  • I scanned my watercolour artwork into a new affinity project and made corrections using adjustments to get the art looking good.
  • Then I saved the file into finder and then opened up a fresh affinity photo file.
  • I set the page dimensions up correctly and then used the guide line manager to split the A4 document into 4 equal quadrants in portrait. 
  • I then imported my edited artwork as an affinity project file on the top right quadrant and then added text for the back of the card on the top left quadrant. I then grouped these layers and duplicated so I could move to the bottom two quadrants. This means that when I print the file, I save paper having 2 A6 cards from one document.
  • However, even though the group was duplicated and simply shifted to the bottom quadrants, it appears lighter than the top two quadrants on the document? When I shift the group of layers on the bottom of the document to the top, it appears as identical to the top. 
  • This effect is carried onto the printing stage and artwork at the bottom is mildly lighter.

Is this a bug or am I being completely stupid? 

Sorry for the extended post, trying to be as clear as possible. Happy to send screenshots or anything if it helps. 

P.S - If there are any decent affinity photo courses out there you recommend trying then let me know! Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Ndrake45 said:

This means that when I print the file, I save paper having 2 A6 cards from one document.

Also, perhaps it would be simpler to just use the "N-Up" option when printing, if you're printing it yourself :) 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, Ndrake45 said:

what does N up option mean

2-up, 3-up, etc. To print multiple s on a page. It's a printing option.

But thinking further, I'm not sure it helps in your case. Sorry.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Ndrake45,

I've looked into the photo file and exported to TIFF but i'm not seeing a lighting difference between the top two and bottom two quadrants on the photo or TIFF file, could you provide any screenshots of what this looks like on your side?

I'll send you a private PM with a link to the TIFF for reference.