You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with Boolean Operation 'add'

Hi there,

I'm regularly having the following problem when I join two objects: 'holes' are also displayed in colour even though they shouldn't be. I have tried all possible varieties in terms of order of selecting items and the order which item is in the front or back. Sometimes this helps, but I couldn't find any pattern how I could avoid this problem. 
I might also mention: when I export as SVG and open in another program the holes are not displayed in colour.

On the example below I also have some strange thing going on with some of the letters (it was a text transformed to curves).

I have no idea why this is happening and wether the two things have something to do with each other or not. There are no groups, layers whatsoever..

I hope somebody will be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong, thank you in advance!
Malena 

Before.png

After.png

@G13RL Oh thank you so much it works!!! That's a real game changer for me, and so simple 🪄

I guess the problem with the text is caused by the particular font? I tried some different ones which work. 'American Typewriter' causes problems whatever I do.

34 minutes ago, Malena said:

@G13RL Oh thank you so much it works!!! That's a real game changer for me, and so simple 🪄

I guess the problem with the text is caused by the particular font? I tried some different ones which work. 'American Typewriter' causes problems whatever I do.

Thanks for the feedback, it is indeed possible that this font has a design problem that causes the disorder during the boolean operation "Add".

45 minutes ago, Malena said:

I have been playing about with the file and yes, it is a poor font. American Typewriter causes me grief. All the other fonts I tried worked well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.