You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The elements have the correct spot colours applied, but the spot colours appear nowhere. Create Palette from Document won't help you here. Clicking a spot colour element and adding as global colour adds a spot colour to the Swatches panel, but this won't help you any further.

Handling spot colours (or colours in general) is not very satisfying in the Affinities IMO.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

That's what I was worried about! I no longer have access to Acrobat to see separations where this would be obvious. I have copy which I would have expected to be spot but it appears as process which makes me think there may be other elements lurking which will print poorly compared to the previous version. 

46 minutes ago, Paul Mc said:

after importing to Designer?

By "importing" do you mean File > Place or File > Open?

I ask because it makes a difference in some cases, though I don't know if it will in this one.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi @walt.farrell sorry, I should have mentioned that I was using File | Open

The full story is that I've been given a print PDF to update and I'm worried that the way that Designer imports the data means that some important aspects of it are lost. This would be less of a problem in my case if I could detect the spot colours and recreate them but even that doesn't appear to be an option.

Place and passthrough might have been an option if I didn't need to modify the content.

It might help using the Designer Persona (if available) and the "Select same Fill" feature on an element that is surely spot and replacing with a spot colour from your Swatches panel. But this can give you other problems, which I am going to report soon.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Hi @joe_l Yes, the Select same ... feature is likely to be useful in reconstructing any spot colour assignments. I'm curious about what other problems you've encountered might be. The only enhancement that I'd like to see is for the Select same ...  to allow for a Sub-select same ... At the moment if I have grey text on one artboard and do a Select same fill it selects all the grey text across all the artboards. It would be good if I could select same from a layer, group or an already selected set of objects.