You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity doesn't show layers panel

• 1 month later...

Point 1: I have this enabled but still cannot see a layers panel except in Export Persona (how on earth do I edit on a particular layer if I can't jump to it?!)

Point 2: An Illustrator-created PDF file imported to Affinity Designer only shows the bleeds/printer's marks layer and not the actual design layers. How do I make this visible?

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo V2, Mac and iPad.

macOS Ventura 13.5.2; Macbook Pro (16-inch, Mid 2021); Apple M1 Pro, 10 cores; Graphics 16 cores; 16GB RAM;

iPad Pro 11 inch first gen

As suggested by whomever is manning your Twitter account (@AffinityBySerif ) today, I reset Studio via View>Studio>Reset and the Layers panel magically reappeared (I do wish there was a simple interface button for layers!).

This allowed me to see that the layer containing the actual design was deactivated (unticked) and thus invisible. This is probably caused by some nasty shenanigans during Illustrator PDF export.

I have been to-ing and fro-ing all morning with my printers because they insisted they couldn't see the design, that my file was blank save the printing marks. When I described my Affinity situation (deactivated layer), and made the innocent suggestion that they might be having a similar problem, I received an email within five minutes requesting my final approval of the order  :unsure: . No admitting anything nor apologies, mind you.

So I imagine you won't needing the file? If you want it anyway to see where the hitch was, to where do I send it?

Thanks,

Tracey

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo V2, Mac and iPad.

macOS Ventura 13.5.2; Macbook Pro (16-inch, Mid 2021); Apple M1 Pro, 10 cores; Graphics 16 cores; 16GB RAM;

iPad Pro 11 inch first gen