You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arrowheads clipped in Symbol Groups

Here is how to reproduce:

• Add a line

• Add a stroke and extremely large arrowheads to it (eg. the Bar type at maximum size)

• Add an Art Text layer

• Mess with Constraints and create a symbol (Constraint Group) from both

Now the arrowheads are not taken into account in the bounding box computation and appear clipped.

Additionally, maximum size for the Bar arrowheads is capped at 500%, even when higher values are typed into the text input field. In certain instances, this can be too small.

Same on both Mac and Windows.

Pay attention to this ending setting:

361470603_ScreenShot2022-03-08at9_46_51AM.png.07aaf25f476cecbf1ada176059f35bbd.png   2001965270_ScreenShot2022-03-08at9_46_40AM.png.6b52c864191f09241e6b4c59e2e85d8f.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

That settings seems to be unrelated.

In fact, I was able to reproduce the issue without creating a symbol, only grouping the text and the line and then applying a constraint to the text layer in the example I am attaching. The arrowheads disappear as soon as the constraint is applied to the text when the enclosing group is implicitly converted from a Group object to a Constraint Group object.

Changing the arrowhead end position setting on the line does not remedy the clipping.

arrowheads and contraint bug.png