You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting text as clear as possible

When working in Affinity, obviously everything looks incredibly crisp. But when I have text, if I switch to the pixel view or retina pixel view it, understandably gets a bit blurry.  This blurriness naturally carries over to when I export and is very evident with pngs jpegs etc, while svgs and pdfs are much more clear.

are there any tricks to make the text a bit more clear? I've tried outlines, i've tried adjusting tracking (i'm unable to adjust kerning for some reason - i can only select "auto"), but nothing seems to make a difference.  Is anti-alias available and would that help?  Any exporting tips for settings?

Just to clarify, it isn't any more blurry then text in photoshop, fireworks, etc, it just seems like there should be a way to make it a bit more clear.  (This came up while working on a Twitter background and I feel like I've seen other Twitter backgrounds that are more crisp).

Thanks!

Here is an example of something I exported. 

Here is a png - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrw1rnv312lca2k/TestFonts-01.png?dl=0

Here is a jpeg - https://www.dropbox.com/s/37jl3030uog5zv3/TestFonts-02.jpg?dl=0

and here is a (png) screenshot I took on my 2015 Macbook Pro Retina - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3y21w0i9bstgp8/TestFonts-Screenshot.png?dl=0

Why is the screenshot more clear then the export, even though they are both pngs?

How can I make this text display clearly when I export it?

It´s because of your resolution.

The screenshot is about 2000 * 1000 pixels 

Tje jpg is about 1000*500 pixels

AD renders the text as vectors while viewing (unless you´re in pixel view mode) and when you screenshot the area, your macbook retina has more pixels in the area than the finally exported image.

You can increase the image resolution and export again.

Thanks for the quick response.

I understand AD renders text as vector unless in pixel view mode and can see the difference in AD itself when switching back and forth...it just seems like there should be a way to export more clearly as a png when even a png screenshot is so clear.  and you point is well taken about the larger screenshot dimensions, but  even when viewed at their appropriate sizes, the screenshot is so much clearer.

I was creating an image for Twitter so I was using their recommended ideal size of 1024x512...so unless there is a trick I'm unaware of (and there very well could be), it seems like I'm stuck with that size...

Ideas?