You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for Windows - 1.10.5

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Publisher, version 1.10.5

The detailed changes in Affinity Publisher for Windows 1.10.5 over the release build Affinity Publisher for Windows 1.10.4 are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Fixed registration failure (will now use the browser to complete registration, rather than attempt it in-app)
  • Fixed possible rendering issues with Raster elements
  • Optimisation when transforming Text Frames.
  • Import document user details, metadata and text variables from IDML files.
  • Improved IDML picture frame fitting.
  • Help & localisation improvements.

The major improvements in 1.10 are listed in some detail in this 1.10.0 Publisher Windows update announcement 

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Publisher).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Publisher for Windows) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I am using Publisher 10.4 on windows 10 to produce a book, which also contains over 300 photographs.
This is nearing completion, so I am interested in whether the 'Fixed possible rendering issues with Raster elements' plus any other tweaks in the latest release is going to be beneficial to commercial print output via press-ready PDF? Naturally I am nervous at updating the software at this stage, as 10.4.1198 is stable.
For info, all of my images are flattened before insertion into Publisher.
Many thanks,
Kalee

1 hour ago, Martin_1 said:

Why haven't footnotes STILL not been implemented?

I don't understand. It's suchs a logical and basic thing to have in book publishing software.

This was a "point" release (from 1.10.4 to 1.10.5), which are most often used for bug fixes and minor improvements, not major functions like footnotes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Why isn't layer selection by color STILL not been implemented?

I often use this function in Designer. In designer i make a right-click on one of the layer an klick select by layer color (2 clicks). In publisher I have to select a layer, change persona, click on select-menue, click on select same, click on select by layer color, change persona to edit f. e. the textframe fill color (not available in designer...) (6 Clicks)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Powerhorse said:

Or, language-agnostic: https://affinity.store/update/windows/photo/1

These only work for customers who purchased directly from Serif, though. If you purchased from Microsoft they'll only come up as a 10-day trial, and only if you haven't already used the trial on that system.

Also, you can only have one release of an Affinity application installed at a time; it will not coexist with a different release of the application.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1