You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Below you  see two objects, each 7-pointed stars with different settings. One, as you can see, has been rotated. But where one light grey "element" meets the other, it should be exactly at the outer spikes of the darker star. Why isn't it, or rather:  how can  I get the spikes to exactly meet the inner points of the grey star?

In  the second pic you can see the misalignment even better.

TIA,

Helmar

1285691849_Screenshot2022-03-07at14_35_27.thumb.jpg.419ba0990a32d3600c6aaabb49e202f4.jpg1947422598_Screenshot2022-03-07at14_41_40.jpg.fa287d8b2382ffbf8d82e3c9719b5904.jpg

36 minutes ago, Helmar said:

Why isn't it, or rather:  how can  I get the spikes to exactly meet the inner points of the grey star?

Works fine for me with a similar setup. Could you upload your document?

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

It works for me too.
Are you sure that your two shapes have exactly the same centre point?
You can check by using the Transform Panel.
Press the box in the middle of the nine boxes on the left of that panel and then look in the X and Y fields, swapping between the two shapes – the X and Y values should be the same, unless you have converted one of the shapes to curves.

Screenshot 2022-03-07 132645.png

1 hour ago, joe_l said:

Works fine for me with a similar setup. Could you upload your document?

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

It works for me too.
Are you sure that your two shapes have exactly the same centre point?
You can check by using the Transform Panel.
Press the box in the middle of the nine boxes on the left of that panel and then look in the X and Y fields, swapping between the two shapes – the X and Y values should be the same, unless you have converted one of the shapes to curves.

Screenshot 2022-03-07 132645.png

Y was .3mm out.  Height was also out by a few mm. My bad. Apologies for the disturbance, and thanks  so much for your help! Much appreciated!