You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to create wireframe effect

There are different ways to get that result and to apply the frame text then.

Here I've used a rounded rect as a base (just the quick way) and then via geometric substraction of rects got the corner parts, arranged those and placed some text inbetween. - Other ways would be to use the text on path capabilities instead etc.

beispiel.png.fe560c2a987fbee3225b775e3c95ea27.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

v_kyr: I could be wrong but I think the OP is asking about how to recreate the wireframe lines of the woman’s head.

RetroDesire: You either need to either be a very good draughtsperson/artist or use some 3D software.
That sort of thing is very difficult to get right manually and the Affinity software cannot help you with it.

Or if you are not a good draughtsperson/artist nor have access to 3D sofware, you can look on vector graphics sites, many of which have generic wire frame heads available.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

The Veronoi filter may be a good starting point to see what Affinity can produce

face23.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

27 minutes ago, GarryP said:

v_kyr: I could be wrong but I think the OP is asking about how to recreate the wireframe lines of the woman’s head.

RetroDesire: You either need to either be a very good draughtsperson/artist or use some 3D software.
That sort of thing is very difficult to get right manually and the Affinity software cannot help you with it.

ye

16 minutes ago, carl123 said:

The Veronoi filter may be a good starting point to see what Affinity can produce

face23.jpg

looks closest to what i want

• Staff

Hi @RetroDesire,
Welcome to affinity Forums :)
Typically these elements are created with a blend tool or a mesh generated in a 3D application. I'm afraid there's no specific tools to get an  easy/similar effect in Affinity apps unless you are willing to spend some time with the Pen Tool, Power Duplicate and eventually some distortion filters/effects (Liquify, Mesh Warp Tool etc).

3 hours ago, RetroDesire said:

i meant the wireframe inside the face

Ah Ok thought first the frame was meant. That looks then more like a polygone mesh for me, than a common wireframe. Also a Veronoi filter will give you more of a tiles/mosaic like view instead of 2D/3D-CAD wireframes. - There should be some Python numpy based tools for doing something like that and applying such things to images. Other than that there are transparent mesh images available on the net, which you can download and try to combine with another face image or the like. Or use some tool which supports specific distortions and the like for such purposes.

See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Alternative technique:

create simulated height lines based on color gradients.

By adjusting the blur radius (lower blur) and posterize levels you can control number / distance / smoothness of white lines.

The group creates white on black lines, by blend range reduced to white lines. Could be recolored.

The curves adjustment smoothes the skin colors to get more equally distributed lines.

effect especially nice on nude art images with smooth skin.

B67E3879-6E9F-4FB9-A637-0369A8AA8E09.thumb.png.316c2efde48eb2aef24b034210f43c01.png

fake heigth lines.afphoto

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

You could use Daz3D to make the mesh overlay and the base face, see examples below...

677473782_IntermmediatePolyMeshsmilebaseface.thumb.png.293a4bdf38fac63b642f1ac1eafae172.png

The low poly mesh below was rendered using the Basic OpenGL render option

743126706_IntermmediatePolyMeshsmile.thumb.png.f166ebf435567f5dd92e3dcd6d443478.pngimage.png.c3ccd48147cd80cc8634a5d868115fb7.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi @RetroDesire,
All 3D software lets you display and (some) export the models in wireframe view or some customized variation of it. So as long as you have access to the 3d models you can export them any 3D program you like. The image you posted above is available as part of a stock "pack" which includes the 3D models necessary to render any variation you may need besides the ones included in the pack (link here). Any 3D program (Blender, DAZ Studio, Cinema 4D, MODO, 3D Studio etc etc) should be able to load the models for you.