You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

JPEG Export Adding Pixels - latest iPad version

I have an Artboard that is 6" x 6" (1800 pixels square) but when I export, AF is adding a few pixels to the left side. It's a Texture Pattern so when I multiply the images, I see a white void on the left side (see screenshot #1).  I've confirmed my Artboard size & content locations and also confirmed this "resize" in a photo editor - I see that the width is now 1803 pixels (see all remaining screenshot).  I've tried various resolutions and also creating as PDF and I get the same result. Any ideas?  thanks,

1_Pattern Matchup.jpg (result of repeated pattern)

2_Artboard Artboard Edge.jpg (confirmed that there is no white space in Artboard/Contents

3_Artboard Size.jpg (confirmed size of Artboard is 6x6 (1800 px sq)

4_Content Size-Location.jpg (confirmed Contents are flush left)

5_Photo Editor Pic Size.jpg (confirmed JPG Export is larger)

1_Pattern Matchup.jpg

2_Artboard Edge.jpg

3_Artboard Size.jpg

4_Content Size-Location.jpg

5_Photo Editor Pic Size.jpg

Just checking: you say this is an issue on iPad but you seem to be showing desktop screenshots. Is that just for diagnostic purposes?

In any case, one of the Transform panel screenshots shows an X position that is not an integer (5304.9), which will cause the addition of one pixel. That seems to be what you got, not 3 extra, based on the Image Size screenshot.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt, I had to move to the desktop AF (gave the same results) and grab pics because the AF forum wasn’t responding on my iPad. The 5304.9 pixel was the horizontal placement - not the size. In that same screenshot, you’ll see it’s size is 1800x1800. 

1 hour ago, dcgall said:

The 5304.9 pixel was the horizontal placement - not the size. In that same screenshot, you’ll see it’s size is 1800x1800

The placement is also critical, and having it positioned on a non-integer pixel will cause that problem.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Interesting. That solved it. I also found in the EXPORT persona that there is a Transformation option - which had a few extra pixels to the art board size. I suppose TRANSFORMATION and LAYERS in the EXPORT persona would allow you to specify targeted layers or location on the Artboard without having to change your designing space.
many thanks to Walt. 

You're welcome :) 

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:56 PM, walt.farrell said:

Just checking: you say this is an issue on iPad but you seem to be showing desktop screenshots. Is that just for diagnostic purposes?

In any case, one of the Transform panel screenshots shows an X position that is not an integer (5304.9), which will cause the addition of one pixel. That seems to be what you got, not 3 extra, based on the Image Size screenshot.

Just wanted to say thank you, you solved my problem :) @walt.farrell I was having the same issue with the latest iPad version of V2. Thanks again! Fixed 👍