You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have searched a lot and I suspect there is not a solution but thought I would ask anyway.

I want to be able to organize my fonts for use in Affinity on IPAD. I see people talk about that there is “Recents & Favorites” on the desktop, but I have never seen a section for “Favorites” in fonts on Affinity for iPad. This would at least be slightly helpful if made available on the iPad version.

Ideally I want to be able to organize fonts into folders for Affinity IPAD. I understand there is no option to do this within Affinity, but some people have talked about using 3rd party apps to make folders in those apps, then view those folders in Affinity on Desktop. Many of the apps mentioned in the forum to do this are not available for iPad unfortunately.

I have tried Fonteer app which was mentioned in an old thread, but Affinity on iPad does not show the folders, it only imports the fonts using profiles. The folder does not show up when viewing fonts either in Artistic Text Tool or in the Text Studio.

Would love if anyone knows of an app that will work with Affinity on iPad that allows folder viewing. I’m dying here with only having an alphabetical list of fonts, my workflow could be so much faster. I am completely willing to pay for this feature. Gosh I would even pay Affinity for update features like this. This feature to me, is worth $30 or more. I find myself wasting so much time and I only have about 100 fonts. 

I do not use/have affinity on desktop and do not plan to do so. I use an apple pencil for all my designing and do everything on iPad.

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi @AppleGrove,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Unfortunately I'm not personally aware of any iPad applications that would allow for this level of control over fonts within Affinity, my apologies.
Hopefully other iPad app users may be able to suggest a workaround for you, but I don't believe the Affinity app is able to correctly parse the font 'folders' mentioned to help with organisation.

14 hours ago, AppleGrove said:

I have never seen a section for “Favorites” in fonts on Affinity for iPad. This would at least be slightly helpful if made available on the iPad version.

I'll be sure to add a 'vote' to this feature for you in our internal development log now, as this feature isn't currently available in the iPad version. 

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

+1

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to say yes, you can. I've been using iFont on the iPad.

This uses system profiles to plug the fonts in to the OS. Fonts then show up in Designer and Photo, as if you had just enabled them in FontBook. The app also has preview and organization tools. 

My type library lives in iCloud, so i download to ipad and import to iFont as needed to review groups of type. My kit is mostly .otf and old .ttf and iFont works with everything i've fed it so far. 

iFont is also networked with DaFont, 1001FreeFonts, Fontspace, and Google Fonts.

Edit: tagging @AppleGrove, @Dan C, @edwardsson for your interest

AppleGrove, to two of your points: this too uses profiles, and i have not seen organization/groups of fonts as viewed within the Affinity apps, but neither does my desktop do this. I rely on iFont to group / tagging and do not find loading the profile cumbersome.

Edited by Navian

16 hours ago, Navian said:

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to say yes, you can. I've been using iFont on the iPad.

This uses system profiles to plug the fonts in to the OS. Fonts then show up in Designer and Photo, as if you had just enabled them in FontBook. The app also has preview and organization tools. 

My type library lives in iCloud, so i download to ipad and import to iFont as needed to review groups of type. My kit is mostly .otf and old .ttf and iFont works with everything i've fed it so far. 

iFont is also networked with DaFont, 1001FreeFonts, Fontspace, and Google Fonts.

Edit: tagging @AppleGrove, @Dan C, @edwardsson for your interest

AppleGrove, to two of your points: this too uses profiles, and i have not seen organization/groups of fonts as viewed within the Affinity apps, but neither does my desktop do this. I rely on iFont to group / tagging and do not find loading the profile cumbersome.

Thanks for the information! I have now downloaded iFont and will give it a try.

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»