You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you upload the booklet to the forum?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Yes

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

See if this opens OK for you

Booklet (1) - recovered.afpub

Corrupt Affinity files mostly occur when your file is stored and worked on from a non-internal drive

Always use an internal drive for all work (you can copy it to another non-internal drive when completed)

Most corrupt files are NOT recoverable, always have multiple backups whilst working

This document was recoverable using the "Add pages from file" function within Publisher

This technique will not always work, you were lucky this time.

thanks.. but i don't understand clearly what you mean - due my ignorance. So, what's a Non-internal drive? 
What I have to do to make sure my works? 

and.. what do you think about my work? it's my first booklet with AffPub 

thanks 

An internal drive would be like your C drive on Windows

External drives are like drives connected to your computer via USB cables, drives stored on a network server, NAS drives or cloud services etc etc etc

4 minutes ago, Aureociel said:

and.. what do you think about my work? it's my first booklet with AffPub 

Sorry I do not have many of the fonts you have used installed on my computer or speak/understand the language used in the booklet, so the layout would look different to me and the meaning/intention of the booklet is not understandable to me due to me not speaking the language

Someone else may comment later with their views 

17 minutes ago, Aureociel said:

what can I do to avoid such of this things??

You can't totally avoid such things, as anything from software problems to hardware issues can corrupt files

All you can do is regular backups and thus minimise any disruptions when it does occur

But if you continue to encounter this problem there may be an underlying problem on your PC so you should report it, so additional help can be provided.

2 hours ago, Aureociel said:

what can I do to avoid such of this things?? it's very very dangerous for the work...

As @carl123 said, set up regular backups, and test them.  Modern drives use SMART to check that they're working ok.  I'm not a Mac user so I can't recommend any software but there must be something you can download to perform regular health checks.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

11 minutes ago, IanSG said:

As @carl123 said, set up regular backups, and test them.  Modern drives use SMART to check that they're working ok.  I'm not a Mac user so I can't recommend any software but there must be something you can download to perform regular health checks.

also I use time Machine.. the integrate backup system of MAC.. you think is not enough? (momentally is't working because my ExHD is fired - it's coming a new WD2T)

someone has ice for software, that check if everything is right with my internal HD? ...thanks

also I use time Machine.. the integrate backup system of MAC.. you think is not enough?

As I said, I'm not a Mac user so I don't know much about Time Machine.  A good backup system will enable you to recover from the total destruction of your computer, and it will enable you to recover individual files that may have been "corrupted" months ago.  It may be that your best option is to use more than one program.

someone has ice for software, that check if everything is right with my internal HD? ...thanks

Sorry, I know even less about that.  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10