You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freeze on Save after upgrading to macOS Monterey

Kal

Photo totally froze up when I tried to save a file. It became completely unresponsive (spinning beachball), and after a long wait it became clear to me that it was not going to recover, so I had to do a Force Quit. (Thankfully, the autosave recovered most of what I had worked on.)

I have also had some issues with the Save dialogue in Designer since upgrading to macOS Monterey.

My system:

iMac 5K 2017
RAM: 24 GB
macOS Monterey 12.2.1

• Staff

Hi @Kal,

Do you use an external monitor with your iMac or have an iPad connected via sidecar?  I know there have been some issues with Monterey and save dialogs misbehaving when an extra monitor (or iPad via sidecar).  Could you try downloading the beta from here and see if you have the same issues?

Thanks @stokerg. No, I'm not using an external monitor or iPad—just the built-in iMac display. I'm not using Photo in my work at the moment, but if I do have more problems in future, I'll try out the beta and report back.