You need to have signed up for the newsletter (bottom right link on any of our main site pages) or given your email for a Beta at some point in the past - then, in theory, we'd send out an email every so often if something interesting is happening :)  (we don't want to be too annoying!)

If you think you should already be receiving this mail and haven't got it, then it might simply be that a problem we encountered with our mailing list today stopped the process before it got to you! :S

I'll let someone else describe how the mails are created as I tend to just read the copy if it's sent my way rather than getting involved in crafting it...

Thanks,

Matt

I´d be extremely pleased if someone (maybe even an Affinity person - Dale/ Kate? :) could explain me how you create your mails.

Kate headed this up and initially looked at a couple of templates but discarded that route in favour of one of our team hand-coding the email you received. That gave us the best compatibility across email clients, it can be tricky to achieve the right look particularly in Outlook. Blood sweat and tears is another answer, it's a nightmare to get emails to look nice and behave properly for a wide audience.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Just in case you wasn't aware there are a few apps in the app store which allows you to design and create responsive emails. One is called mail designer, not used it myself but looks interesting.

post-9020-0-23750300-1452090954_thumb.png

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter:@mystrawmonkey  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials