You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey all, I am fighting with an issue where if an asset is created that has text in it, the next time I drag that asset into my document, the new instance of that item will have text that is a drastically different size.

This seems to only happen when assets are created in documents that were created/started in an affinity version previous to the current version.

What I figured I could do was create a new document and transfer over the content from the old document to the new doc, but this seems to corrupt the new document and it will begin to have the same behavior. Even if only an image is copied over to the new document, not text. This creates an issue as I cannot rebuild my active projects from scratch, and I cannot use my existing assets on those projects either.

I have attached an image displaying the discrepancy in text size. The item on the left is the original, I added it as an asset and then dragged it back and placed it on the right.

Text issue.PNG

Do all documents have the same document DPI?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1