You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vaz

• Staff
2 hours ago, Vaz said:

I’m unable to add images. I’m also unable to edit the topic to add this to the main post. It says error code 200. Not sure why. 

This error seems to come up from time to time, sometimes it can be related to the size of the image thats trying to be added.  I've also just been able to edit your first post without any issues (all i did was delete a space and add it again, so it won't look different)

In addition to stokerg’s response above, I think one of the reasons for getting a “-200” error is when one or more of the dimensions of the image is greater than 2000 pixels.
However, sometimes it seems to be ‘random’ and sometimes exporting to a different image type before uploading to the forums gets it working again.

It looks like the bottom image on you Behance page ate his alphabet rather than reading it.

I like the style of your alphabet and your use of "poetic license" with Ribbon and Quail. Interesting contrast to here in the UK where things like this tend to be very bright but I suppose that depends on your audience.

image.png.8f8c523f2372f8bd14be4c9644b30b73.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:57 PM, stokerg said:

This error seems to come up from time to time, sometimes it can be related to the size of the image thats trying to be added.  I've also just been able to edit your first post without any issues (all i did was delete a space and add it again, so it won't look different)

Let me try it again. It's currently at quite a large size since I exported in high quality but not more than 3 MB per image.

On 3/2/2022 at 4:50 PM, AlanPickup said:

It looks like the bottom image on you Behance page ate his alphabet rather than reading it.

I like the style of your alphabet and your use of "poetic license" with Ribbon and Quail. Interesting contrast to here in the UK where things like this tend to be very bright but I suppose that depends on your audience.

image.png.8f8c523f2372f8bd14be4c9644b30b73.png

Thank you. I wasn't really thinking about my audience (since this was a personal project) when I did this. My considerations were entirely about what I thought looked good. If this was made for a children's book a brighter composition would definitely have been expected.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, GarryP said:

In addition to stokerg’s response above, I think one of the reasons for getting a “-200” error is when one or more of the dimensions of the image is greater than 2000 pixels.
However, sometimes it seems to be ‘random’ and sometimes exporting to a different image type before uploading to the forums gets it working again.

It does seem random. I tried again today and it seems to have worked.

Yeah, I think it’s just one of those things that we have to live with until it’s no longer an issue.
I’ve had occasions where I’ve had two images, both created by the same software within seconds of each other, both the same size/format/colour-space,etc. and one of them uploaded fine and the other didn’t.