You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You should check that the middle seam is perfectly pixel-aligned.

use the transform panel, select a layer of the left part, select the right middle anchor point in transfor panel, and check that the x position is .0 (no fractional digits).

if not, align all shapes accordingly. Snapping / force pixel alignment helps. But deactivate move by whole pixels.

This method might help

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 1 month later...

This issue was causing major headaches so this thread has helped me a hell of a lot, thanks

Great to know regards to using the transform tool to check fractional values however in most cases it seems to be mainly a antialiasing issue (according to this discussion).

Do I take this as a AD issue that needs addressing?

Affinity Photo Version 2, Affinity Designer Version 2 on PC and iPad

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i7-7700K@4.20GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti

Also if I do create say a shape with integer values and select 'Move by whole pixel' I can still see fractional values in the X and Y of the transform tool sometimes when I move the shape on screen ?

Can someone please explain?  :)

31 minutes ago, SteveR_UK said:

Also if I do create say a shape with integer values and select 'Move by whole pixel' I can still see fractional values in the X and Y of the transform tool sometimes when I move the shape on screen ?

Can someone please explain?  :)

Yes, the good old trap. Move by whole pixels will not remove fractional digits, it will preserve them. You will almost never need this feature, except you have a rectangle shape with 1px stroke width. These must be aligned to .5 positions to get a sharp stroke. If you move that shape, the option is valuable to avoid the stroke will be blurred across 2px.

Otherwise, always deactivate this snapping option.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

28 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Yes, the good old trap. Move by whole pixels will not remove fractional digits, it will preserve them. You will almost never need this feature, except you have a rectangle shape with 1px stroke width. These must be aligned to .5 positions to get a sharp stroke. If you move that shape, the option is valuable to avoid the stroke will be blurred across 2px.

Otherwise, always deactivate this snapping option.

Thanks for the reply