You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello. I have a weird file, that has a rotated element. Because it's at -45 aprox, the boundry box messes up alignement of the logo, as it makes the selection larger than the actual shape (when selecting everything, to align). How do I "apply" this rotation, so the boundry box snaps to the right edge of the circle, instead of showing up at 45 angle. (select the circle under 10, and you will understand what i'm talking about).

Thank you

rotation.pdf

You can reset the rotation by selecting the rotated element and choosing the Boolean ‘Add’ operation (either via the Geometry section of the toolbar or via the Layer menu). In this particular case the gradient fill makes the result very dark, so you’ll need to copy the object before adding it to itself and then ‘Paste Style’ to restore the fill to what it should be.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, norbinw said:

Done. Thank you, the Add did the trick.

You’re welcome. :)

1 hour ago, norbinw said:

Also not sure what gradient are you talking about, as i just selected the circle, pressed add, and it snapped. The circle has no gradient and the 10 has a gold gradient, but they are individual objects.

I overlooked your instruction to select the circle, so I thought it was the 0 you were talking about! The circle doesn’t seem to be rotated, and its bounding box clings tight on all sides here. Anyway, I’m glad you got it sorted.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)