You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Camouflage the White Hair in Eyebrows and also Fill Up Empty spaces there in this Photo ?

I am trying to remove, camouflage the white hair in this person's eyebrow. what would be the best solution for this ? I tried to use the Clone Tool with Opacity, Flow and Hardness all 100% and the settings to Current Layer & Below though it is cloning hair there but they are not good enough to successfully camouflage the white hair and the empty spaces in the Eyebrows. when done in access it gives a very unreal, artificial look and when I reduce the opacity the white hairs are looking through.

Also I want to fill up some empty spaces in the eyebrow with hair.

So what could be the best solution for this ?

Eyebrows.png

A dust and scratches filter will helo

• set blend mode to darker color
  • invert mask, then use brush with soft white brush to paint over grey hair
  • adjust radius and tolerance to taste

4B20E391-6EBF-4C37-9520-695309D181DE.png

Edited by NotMyFault

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

7 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Maybe try to recolor it to black.

add a black fill layer, then use blend range or mask to apply it selectively to the white hair.

Yes I tried recolouring also. But it is not blending well with the Native Hair. The Problem with Recoloring is, without reducing the Opacity it looks very stand out like an artificial done painting on the Eyebrows and if I reduce the Opacity it loses its significance does not camouflage or does not do anything.

I haven't tried your second option though.

1 hour ago, NotMyFault said:

Hey Thanks ! Looks like Camouflaging with the Dust & Scratches Filter worked. Any suggestion on how do I fill up the empty spaces in the Brows with more Hair ?

The patch tool could be used. 

• create a new pixel layer (on top of layer stack)
  • select patch tool
  • change mode to “current layer and below”
  • activate “source mode”
  • Use mouse to make a selection of a patch with “good” hair. It works like the lasso selection tool
  • Click once with mouse on the canvas. Then click-drag to move patch over area where you want to add hair,
  • use the rotation slider to adjust rotation so the hair is parallel to exiting hair in the vincinity
  • repeat process several time to fill larger areas.
  • from time to time, take a new sample to avoid repeated patterns.

there are tutorial videos explaining the process, it needs some practice to master it.

as the result is on a separate pixel layer, you can use the erase tool to remove mishaps, or the soften edges (soft erase brush with 10% opacity)

it might be faster and easier to use a suitable brush and just paint in new hair. Again, there are tutorial videos explaining this process in full detail, including how to make a new brush dedicated for that purpose.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

I'd use a 1pixel brush set to a colour picked from the eyebrow, draw a few brush strokes and then use the smudge tool set to Strength: 80 and smudge the brushstrokes out, makes quite a nice natural look.

image.png.c2b6ddec73559cce09258f3ed5d46cd3.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

• select patch tool
  • activate “source mode”
  • Use mouse to make a selection of a patch with “good” hair. It works like the lasso selection tool
  • Click once with mouse on the canvas. Then click-drag to move patch over area where you want to add hair,
  • use the rotation slider to adjust rotation so the hair is parallel to exiting hair in the vincinity

there are tutorial videos explaining the process, it needs some practice to master it.

as the result is on a separate pixel layer, you can use the erase tool to remove mishaps, or the soften edges (soft erase brush with 10% opacity)

it might be faster and easier to use a suitable brush and just paint in new hair. Again, there are tutorial videos explaining this process in full detail, including how to make a new brush dedicated for that purpose.

Need to try this. By the way to reverse the effect of Clone Tool you said to use Erase Brush Tool with 10% Opacity so how much should the Flow and Hardness be kept at ?

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

I'd use a 1pixel brush set to a colour picked from the eyebrow, draw a few brush strokes and then use the smudge tool set to Strength: 80 and smudge the brushstrokes out, makes quite a nice natural look.

image.png.c2b6ddec73559cce09258f3ed5d46cd3.png

Can try it and report back how did it go...

22 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

• select patch tool
  • activate “source mode”

Hi !

So i tried this, I don't know why this method is creating a slight haze around the target area, once I have sampled the hair from the area I want to use the hair. 

I am wondering what if I take a very fine calibre hair from the head and try to use it on the eyebrow. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, NotMyFault said:

Sometime back @NotMyFaulthad suggested me this solution, where I was asking to colour the grey hair in this image in the eyebrows of this subject the solution work very well when I tried it last time, but surprisingly this time now, right now when I am trying to attempt it on another image it is not doing the thing. I am following absolutely the same steps adding a dust & scratch filter, inverting it, taking brush around brush selecting the colour as white and trying to paint over the grey hair on the eyebrow but it is not doing anything, Can someone please tell me where am I going wrong this time ?

A screenshot of the actual image could help.

Please try first if the brush is working by painting on an empty pixel layer. If not working, solve this:

• choose a basic round brush
  • choose any solid color red or green or blue
  • check brush settings and protect alpha