You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where does one access the multiple artboard feature?

• Staff

Hi red5dsd,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 

Click on the small arrow on the Move Tool button to access the Artboard Tool, then draw the artboard on the canvas or click the Insert Artboard button on the context toolbar. You can select pre-defined artboard from the Sizes dropdown on the context toolbar.

Thanks MEB! I have a couple of subsequent questions now that I've discovered this. Where is the context toolbar typically located when using the default layout? When using artboards it appears that the background color has changed from dark gray to light. Is there a way to change this so that the work space looks more like the original Affinity work space when using only one "document"? (Does my question make sense? I'm brand new to Designer and trying to figure out just the basics. Another question, which I should post as a new thread is, Where do I find a "smart guides" type function? That is, when I draw a new object, how do I get it's corner node to snap to another object's corner node? The snapping tool doesn't seem to engage that. As a matter of fact, I can't even figure out how to move an object by it's corner without reshaping the object!)

Thank you for any tips!

• Staff

Hi red5dsd,

You're welcome  ^_^

Regarding your questions:

1) By default the context toolbar is located below the main toolbar right above the work area unless you have more than one document open. In that case it's located between the main toolbar on top and the document tabs right above the work area.

2) Currently there's no way to change the colour of the pasteboard (light grey) when using documents with artboards.

3) You need to enable snapping to see the smart guides. Click on the red magnet icon on the top toolbar. Pressing the arrow near it will open the Snapping Manager where you can select which things it should snap to (from guides, to grid, object geometry etc) or simply pick one of the Presets from the dropdown on the top.