You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bonjour,

Est il possible d'importer un PDF dans APhoto et qu'il s'ouvre comme une image?

(dimension x, y et taille en DPI 

Bravo pour vos deux logiciels qui sont vraiment puissant et commencent a remplacer la suite Adobe mais encore des efforts.

La gestion des tons direct dans Designer marche bien mais on a du mal a retrouver ces couleur quand on est plus dans la palette couleur.

Allez un petit effort et aurevoir Adobe.

Amitiés Thierry

• 2 years later...

Merci pour tout je n'étais pas revenu ici.

Une autre question:

Il me faudrait une variable qui contienne le nom de fichier importé pour pouvoir l'utiliser dans les exports des lices.

En fait je coupe avec designer des affiches en 6 morceaux et je voudrais avoir les noms de fichiers comme "test 1, test 2, test 3...)

Merci à vous tous 

• 4 years later...

Hi @greg spoon

Yes it is. See my screenshot

image.thumb.png.523cafa9aa69ab1503e825e061d0dcab.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

7 hours ago, greg spoon said:

est ce que l'on peut modifier des PDF dans Affinity Photo?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Yes, but with limitations. For example, you need to have the fonts installed if there is text. So it would help to know what kind of content you will have, and what kind of editing you plan to do.

You can install a free 10-day Trial of the application and experiment.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks @walt.farrell and @Komatös for your answer.

I bought already Affinity.

I installed already the 4 fonts of the PDF file I want to edit but when I open the PDF through Affinity it looks like it doesn't recognize it...

one of the font seems to be problematic but the other are ok.

Please seen my screenshots.

Thanks again for your help!

Greg

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 10.32.52.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 10.32.17.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 10.31.33.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 10.31.20.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 10.30.01.png

Variable Fonts are not supported by the Affinity programmes. And I think  TrueTypeCollecton fonts (.ttc) are not supported either.

So you have to download and use the static versions of the fonts.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Just now, greg spoon said:

what do you think?

It's certainly true that you can't use Variable fonts, and I also have some memory that TTC fonts don't work.

Yes, you can use the Affinity applications to do some PDF editing, but that is not their primary purpose. If you want a full-featured PDF editor you should probably buy a application specifically intended for that purpose.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I do not think that TTC (TrueType Collection) packed fonts are a problem for Affinity apps themselves, so IMO the error indicates that the fonts embedded in the document just have not been installed on the system opening the file.

Both macOS and Windows support installation of TrueType fonts delivered as a collection. They cannot always be transferred from one OS to another without first extracting the fonts in the collection (and possibly not even after that), but it seems more likely that Armenian version of Noto just has not been installed on the system that tries to open the document, as by default they are not at least on a macOS that is delivered e.g. with Finnish regional settings:

ttcfonts.thumb.png.b55d2b7f6f1991f9b6dde117d8f99a73.png

...so the left side shows what is installed (as factory default for this region; I really see no logic here, but perhaps the idea is to just demo with more or less randomly chosen sub types that Noto is a font that basically aims at supporting every lingo in the world, at some point perhaps also Klingon), and the right side what comes with the system (the remaining 95 NotoSans sub types residing as single .TTF files in the Supplemental sub folder).

I would imagine that the problem can be resolved simply by installing the Armenian sub type by opening this TTC collection in the Font Book and installing the whole collection.

EDIT: No, it is more complex than described above. I can choose Noto Sans Armenian sub type from within Affinity apps even if it does not seem to be by default installed. So perhaps Affinity apps read in their font lists all available OS fonts no matter if they are actually installed or not... Anyway, if I pick Armenian sub type, I can use all font styles included and export them to PDF and they show correctly, and if I open the PDF having these fonts embedded, I can open the document with correct font mapping without problems. So what is said above does not seem to be an answer to the problem.

UPDATE: This is how I can use Armenian Noto in Publisher on macOS Monterey 12.6 (even if according to Font Book only small sub set of Noto sub types are installed):

Noto_in_apub.png.ae2e971c22e0ed01f7d0e72910d21c73.png

And this is when what is shown above is exported to a PDF and opened back in Publisher:

Noto_pdf_open_dialog.png.12733df2950cf72ebd3b4ce3a617182f.png

Noto_pdf_opened.png.d7b71fe924b1d88dc96d33d960f3e64d.png

Perhaps the problem is related to macOS version (and availability of .TTC Armenian Noto collection file in the system font library)?

UPDATE2: I now checked the TTC functionality on Windows versions of Affinity apps by using FontForge to create a .TTC collection of three separate .OTF fonts from Adobe Font Folio 11.1. The resulted .TTC font collection file could be installed without problems on Windows (tested on Windows 11) using the regular font installation routines, and the font shows with all its styles in Affinity apps similarly as separately installed .TTF files so it appears that Affinity apps do support .TTC files fully on both platforms.

(If there are posts related to problems with .TTC files, they might be related to attempts of transferring macOS .TTC files that ship with the system onto Windows; this often does not work unless the fonts are first extracted.)

UPDATE3: After a closer look on screenshots above (related to TTC based fonts), it appears that messages concerning validation are related to installation of packaged .TTC fonts. The fonts are correctly packaged but I could not test whether trying to install .TTC collection fonts at package open time could be erroneous and cause these messages. If so, an easy fix would be to install the .TTC fonts manually from within the folder where they reside in the package. As mentioned, this would fail if the package in question would be opened on Windows, because this specific macOS .TTC file cannot be installed on Windows (it is somehow crippled to prevent illegal use). It might also fail on older macOS versions. This issue, however, does not have anything to do with PDF files. Text in PDF files that uses TTC based fonts embedded in the file behaves just fine when opened in Affinity apps, as long as the fonts are installed/available on the operating system, whether as individual font files or as a font collection file.

UPDATE4: This could be made a philosophical question but basically: Affinity apps cannot be considered as PDF editors, at all. Whenever they open a PDF file for editing the file is essentially interpretated and becomes an Affinity document. It can subsequently be exported to PDF but whatever choices the user makes along that path will result in an essentially different file from what was initially opened. True PDF editors will only make restricted and strict, user-controlled changes, which is beyond the capabilities of Affinity apps. Whether the differences made along the path of opening a PDF file in an Affinity app and exporting it "back" to a PDF file are significant is up to each individual case but the process is fundamentally different from edits made by true PDF prepress editors and apps like PDF/X-Change that are not prepress editors but can nevertheless make many changes to PDF files without changing their fundamental properties.