You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I could be wrong but when you import Assets I’m fairly sure that you have to import an AFASSETS file.
However, you can add pretty much any layer type (or group) which is in your document to an existing set of assets.
Search for "asset" (without the quotes) in the Help for more information.

1 hour ago, PollyPatch said:

When importing into the Assets panel

As Garry has hinted, "importing" is a vague term. We would need to know exactly what workflow you are trying to use (Import from the burger menu, drag/drop (and from where)), etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

As Garry has hinted, "importing" is a vague term. We would need to know exactly what workflow you are trying to use (Import from the burger menu, drag/drop (and from where)), etc.

I think what I am asking might not be possible but here goes!  I was an enthusiastic user of Craft Artist Professional (CAP) for which I have bought/downloaded many, many digikits which supplied artwork of all sorts as PNGs and JPEGS.  SERIF no longer support CAP and I am assuming there will come a time when it ceases to work.  I am hoping to use Designer and Photo as a replacement.  The good thing about CAP is that you can download backgrounds/elements/intelligent frames/alphabets that came with the kit(s) into your project so you have ready and easy access to everything the kit has to offer without going backwards and forwards to the kit to view each item one at a time.

I had hoped that using the Assets  panel might offer this option if I could find a way to using it.  I have tried to import the material from a digikit as an experiment but that doesn't work.  Is there any other way I might achieve this?

Many thanks

11 minutes ago, PollyPatch said:

Is there any other way I might achieve this?

You will need to export the kit contents into a format that the Affinity applications can handle. Basically, depending on what kind of item it is, as a PNG, JPG, TIFF, SVG, etc. Or perhaps you could place each item into a document and then export the document as a PDF, then Open the PDF in your Affinity application and add the items to Assets from there.

Or, possibly, with the kit open in CAP you could select an item, Copy it, then Paste it into an Affinity application, then add it to Assets.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1