You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.4.1 - Beta 1)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is an Incremental Bug-Fix release - it should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4) and should be used in preference to that build, if you are experiencing any of the problems listed below.

Fixes

- Fixed crashes when loading a document which has been saved in Quick Mask mode.

- Fixed crashes when using documents in the ProPhoto colour space in Mac OS X 10.9.5.
- Fixed stroke clipping / invalidation issues.
- Fixed crashes when loading documents saved with “Delete Slices” history items.
- Fixed weird zombie-open-dialog when starting the app.
- Fixed crashes when using calibrated monitor profiles with high-accuracy LUTs.
- Fixed layer “Expand” buttons disappearing in Mac OS X 10.8.

Affinity Photo's icon on the OS X Dock won't allow me to drag and drop images from Apple Photos... is this normal? Photoshop and others accept the dragged and dropped thumbnail just fine...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I have downloaded the Affinity Photo Beta version and installed it in order to be able to use the Haze Removal which is not available in the Affinity Photo 1.4 which I have bought from the Apple Store.

The installed version 1.4 works regularly with no problems. Trying to open the beta version, a message appears that I have to install a purchased version. The purchased version is already installed. Also if I go to the apple store it says that the application is already installed. How can I exit this impasse?

Thanks,

Claudio

post-23553-0-64023300-1450091698_thumb.jpg

I have bought Affinity Photo 1.4 from the Apple Store. Unfortunately the Haze Removal Function is not present. Following the advice on this forum I have downloaded the Beta version in order to be able to use this function. Installing the beta version appears a message that I have to installed a purchased version. The purchased version is regularly installed and working, but the message continues to appear. What can I do?

Thanks,

Claudio

• Staff

Hi Claudio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Haze Removal Filter is already available in the Mac App Store version (1.4)

Go to menu Filters ▸ Haze Removal... (it's the second item counting from bottom).

Only the latest Photo Beta 1.4.1 is recognised/valid (downloaded from the top of this thread). Previous Betas will not work.

Check your Applications folder and drag all Betas to the Trash. Then reinstall it from the link on top of this thread.

I have downloaded Photo Beta 1.4.1 using the link on top of this thread.  On my copy of Mac App Store version (1.4) on the menu filter from the bottom I read (Italian language version): Plugin, Rimozione distorsione..., Ombreggiature/Evidenziazioni..., Illuminazione..., Applica immagine..., Separazione frequenza...

None of the above filters seem to make any Haze Removal and "Haze Removal" (or some kind of Italin translation) does not appear.

Claudio

I have just changed the language from Italian to english and now the Haze Removal Appears!

Now I have switched back to Italian and instead of Haze Removal there is "Rimozione distorsione" which is not the correct and a real misleading translation ("Distortion" has nothing to do with "Haze"-  it should be: Rimozione Foschia) but it works to remove the haze!

Thanks a lot,

Claudio

Andy,

I upgraded the base program on Apple App to 1.4. I enjoy working with the Beta developments and so after a few days went to download 1.4.1 and received the dialog message that I had to purchase the program to download the beta. Any advice?

tom nequette

Hi Tom,

sometimes this message shows up, when the App Store version and the Beta do not share the same folder, to be more precise: they both have to reside inside the standard Applications folder on your start-up volume. Hope that was the root of the problem …

Kind regards, Alex  :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.