You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constant Micro-Stutters and Freezing in Affinity Designer (M1 Pro MacBook Pro)

Zen22

This is a VERY serious issue. 

I'm on the very latest version of Monterey and the Affinity Designer program is borderline useless on this machine. It's a 16 inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro. 

I don't even know how to reproduce this, as pretty much all aspects of the program are affected. Things like grabbing curves causes a beachball. Or even entering fullscreen mode. 

Activity Monitor reports no RAM or CPU usage abnormalities. 

Here is an attached video. Skip to the end for the grand finale. 

I've tried disabling GPU acceleration but the problem persists there too.

• Staff

@Zen22In general we aren't seeing those kind of issues when using Designer on our M1 based Macs. Can you try uploading your video again, it's worth checking the file size to make sure it doesn't exceed the limits and does it also show the Activity Monitor open?

4 hours ago, Lee D said:

@Zen22In general we aren't seeing those kind of issues when using Designer on our M1 based Macs. Can you try uploading your video again, it's worth checking the file size to make sure it doesn't exceed the limits and does it also show the Activity Monitor open?

You may be happy to hear I've resolved the issue by reinstalling the software. I really how no idea how this apparent corruption occurred but it was fixed by deleting the software from my system and reinstalling it.