You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unexpected layer order when adding a layer to a group

Drawford

A possible error happens with layer ordering, when dragging and dropping a layer into the uppermost poisition inside a group, if this layer was positioned above this group.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1st create a new document

2nd create any layer and group it

3rd create any layer above of this group

4th expand the group

5th drag and drop this newly created layer inside the group in its uppermost slot: the dropped layer is then collocated outside of the group, immediately under it

The behaviour, that causes the added layer to be collocated directly below and outside of the group, instead of occupying the top spot inside it, doesn’t happen if the original position of the dragged layer is located out and below the destination group.

Dragging a layer from above onto the group layer, with the azure line traversing it horizontally through the middle, works as I would expect.

For me, the expected behaviour should be for the added layer to stay inside the group, in the spot it was added to, regardless from the original position of the layer being included.

Perhaps, this way of handling the addition of a layer to a group was intended, but when working with an uncollapsed/expanded group this behaviour often catches me off guard. Even paying attention, it is quite easy for me to end up adding a layer mistakenly to the top most spot instead of exactly onto the group layer.

System: iPad Pro 11 3rd gen

OS version: 15.2.1

Affinity Photo for iPad version:

1.10.3.267 (as shown in the app)

1.10.3 (latest release in the App Store)

Thank you very much and bye.

• 2 weeks later...