You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how do you delete a post? thanks

ok how do you delete a post here? i looked for a drop down box and didnt see it. im in editing and i thought that was were you could delete it? but do not see it here.

Im guessing the system locked it from deletion because someone was posting on it. and had than not been the case i could find the delete post option. 

1 minute ago, telemax said:

Fill and stroke can be conveniently controlled from the colour panel.

Affinity Designer Help: Colour panel

You might also like to take a look at the Swatches panel.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, telemax said:

Hi,

Fill and stroke can be conveniently controlled from the colour panel.

Thank you.   I do understand the color panel, and had a color selected, and had it up front, but it didnt work.  I assume that was because i was in persona, or i dont know why.  I just figure it out, you have to choose a color first, which i had, and then in designer draw your shape, and it fills, I can see that now. Thanks again for you suggestion.

20 minutes ago, ahnay said:

ok how do you delete a post here? i looked for a drop down box and didnt see it. im in editing and i thought that was were you could delete it? but do not see it here.

We generally suggest that you not delete it. The question and the answer will probably prove useful to someone else.

However, if you look at your post, you should see a "..." icon on the upper right. You may have a Hide option there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, ahnay said:

it didnt work.  I assume that was because i was in persona

What do you mean by “in persona”? ears.gif

3 minutes ago, ahnay said:

I just figure it out, you have to choose a color first, which i had, and then in designer draw your shape, and it fills, I can see that now.

You can also draw a shape with no fill initially, and then apply a fill later on.

Alfred spacer.png

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

We generally suggest that you not delete it. The question and the answer will probably prove useful to someone else.

That only works, of course, if the original post is left intact. In the present case, the OP that started out as a question about applying a colour to a rectangle has now become a question about how to delete a post.

Alfred spacer.png

It is not clear from what you wrote if you are using the Rectangle Tool in the AD Designer Persona or maybe the Flood Fill Tool in the AD Pixel Persona.

Note that the Flood Fill Tool does not work with vector objects, like rectangles, rounded rectangles, stars, etc.

Also, from your "in persona" comment you seem to be a bit unclear about what a persona is. You are always working in one of the app's personas; they are basically just a way to reduce UI clutter by dividing the features & functions into different sections of the UI. So for example, the vector related functions are in the Designer Persona, the bitmap (pixel) related ones are in to the Pixel Persona, & so on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

What do you mean by “in persona”? ears.gif

You can also draw a shape with no fill initially, and then apply a fill later on.

Personas? next to Designer on that wide bar below the menu ?  i dont know how to explain that.  oh a pic is worth a 1000 words. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.JPG

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

However, if you look at your post, you should see a "..." icon on the upper right. You may have a Hide option there.

Thank you , yes, i understand leaving them up is important for others to see.  But im guessing it was a 'me' thing.  I have a very literal mind, er dont know how to explain that.   And not one example i saw got through.  I finally figured it out myself. so ok.  thank you.

Pixel persona for pixel work. Export Persona for doing all sorts of fancy file exporting. Currently you are in the Designer Persona.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

It is not clear from what you wrote if you are using the Rectangle Tool in the AD Designer Persona or maybe the Flood Fill Tool in the AD Pixel Persona.

Note that the Flood Fill Tool does not work with vector objects, like rectangles, rounded rectangles, stars, etc.

Also, from your "in persona" comment you seem to be a bit unclear about what a persona is. You are always working in one of the app's personas; they are basically just a way to reduce UI clutter by dividing the features & functions into different sections of the UI. So for example, the vector related functions are in the Designer Persona, the bitmap (pixel) related ones are in to the Pixel Persona, & so on.

yes, thank you, you are correct im so confused.  I thought i understood that, but obviously i dont. lol.  Im glad it does that, for the sake of the ui. So I must have been in vector mode when i tried to fill the rectangle.   So only the ack, cannot think of the name the line has a color, the stroke. what? I only got 4 hours sleep last night perhaps i need to go back to bed. ;)

39 minutes ago, ahnay said:

Im guessing the system locked it from deletion because someone was posting on it. and had than not been the case i could find the delete post option.

By the way, only Moderators can Delete posts or topics. All ordinary users can do is Hide their own, and that is a function that may be restricted depending on how recently they joined or how many posts they've made, and how old the post is that they want to operate on.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

8 minutes ago, ahnay said:

Personas? next to Designer on that wide bar below the menu ?  i dont know how to explain that.  oh a pic is worth a 1000 words. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.JPG

The word ‘Personas’ in your screenshot is a label for the three personas that are available for you to choose from:

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Pixel persona for pixel work. Export Persona for doing all sorts of fancy file exporting. Currently you are in the Designer Persona.

Affinity Designer Help: Personas

Alfred spacer.png

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

By the way, only Moderators can Delete posts or topics.

I’m not even sure that moderators can delete posts (but they can hide our posts as well as theirs, so in practice the outcome is the same).

Alfred spacer.png

15 minutes ago, ahnay said:

So I must have been in vector mode when i tried to fill the rectangle. 

I don't know what you mean by "vector mode" but if you mean that you were in the Designer Persona, then that would not explain why you could not change the fill color of the rectangle, for example by using the Color panel to do that.

18 minutes ago, ahnay said:

So only the ack, cannot think of the name the line has a color, the stroke. what?

Vector objects like lines, rectangles, stars, & so on have stroke & fill color properties, so each of them can be set independently of the other to any color or to no color.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

45 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Why does that explain anything?

Huh? @R C-R wrote:

57 minutes ago, R C-R said:

that would not explain why you could not change the fill color

Alfred spacer.png

53 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Why does that explain anything?

It doesn't. That is why I said it "would not explain why you could not change the fill color..."

Affinity Photo 

58 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Huh? @R C-R wrote:

Sorry. Missed the "not". Apologies, @R C-R.

-- Walt
PC: