You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extreme Amount Of Anchor Points?

Ok I’ve created a simple box shape then knocked out the fill and left the stroke. I then went and selected ‘create outlines’ and ended up with multiple anchor points. I also tried the other way and selected ‘convert to curves’ then ‘create outlines’ and ended up with the same issue of having to delete endless amounts of anchor points. I also created the shape using the ‘pen tool’ and went thought the above procedure and enduro with the same issue. What am I doing wrong?

A9C4837B-214E-4AD2-8BFC-8FB9EEDC5F99.png

This is a known issue of Affinity: crating many superfluous nodes.

So you are probably not making anything wrong.

There are many different ways to create objects, and some could avoid the issue.

Which method works best depends on the actual objects, i can’t give a general advise.

In case of a simple box, you might duplicate the shape, make the upper smaller, and use subtract.

Nodes superfluous nodes on straight lines can be simply deleted with help of the node tool.

PS:

i tried to  create the same shape, and Affinity worked flawlessly in my case.

Check that you have a basic round brush, and all the advanced brush parameters set to default.

If the basic brush is missing, you can create one yourself.

2852AB22-0330-451B-BF76-83BE17627BB3.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Can you share the actual file, ideally saved with history?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, NotMyFault said:

This is a known issue of Affinity: crating many superfluous nodes.

So you are probably not making anything wrong.

There are many different ways to create objects, and some could avoid the issue.

Which method works best depends on the actual objects, i can’t give a general advise.

In case of a simple box, you might duplicate the shape, make the upper smaller, and use subtract.

Nodes superfluous nodes on straight lines can be simply deleted with help of the node tool.

PS:

i tried to  create the same shape, and Affinity worked flawlessly in my case.

Check that you have a basic round brush, and all the advanced brush parameters set to default.

If the basic brush is missing, you can create one yourself.

2852AB22-0330-451B-BF76-83BE17627BB3.png

Ok NotMyFault, I did try again after restarting the app and found I did not replicate the problem. All seems good 👍