You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print conversion to JPG?

This is a weird 1 to explain...
For some reason my printer will only print high quality if the file I'm printing is a JPEG or has JPEG images in the document.

As all my documents have PNG images included they print low quality when going to File>Print directly from affinity designer

However If the files in the document were to be JPEG it would print fine.

Is there anyway to get Affinity designer to "convert" the document to JPEG when going to file print.
I know I could export the file as JPEG but this would take a lot of time because every document has to be edited every time as they are personalised prints.

I do not have this problem with Photoshop. I'm not sure how photoshop manages the file when going to print.

Sounds odd – but I haven't tried.

Workaround: If you first export to PDF with activated JPG compression (e.g. preset 'for print') the images get embedded with JPG compression. Then print.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

24 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Sounds odd – but I haven't tried.

Workaround: If you first export to PDF with activated JPG compression (e.g. preset 'for print') the images get embedded with JPG compression. Then print.

I’m hoping for someone to find a workaround without exporting as this will be very time consuming when editing>printing lots per hour

2 hours ago, BofG said:

What are the exact pixel dimensions of the PNG and the jpeg images?

There is no exact dimensions as every documents has many images in them

i can create a document with 2 exact same images side by side but 1 png and 1 jpeg

the png will print low quality while the jpeg will print fine