You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't change measurement value in Crop

I like to change the measurements to inches when cropping in order to be able to size to a particular paper dimensions.  This is not possible in the as the dimensions are limited to pixel (greyed out)

post-12616-0-99866700-1449690223_thumb.png

However when I am in the Hand tool, changing the dimension type is easy. 

post-12616-0-77479800-1449690334_thumb.png

Any help with this issue would be great.  

I am running the new update Affinity Photo v 1.4

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi @arutnev and welcome! 

The original question was posted and answered five years ago, and Affinity Photo has been updated many times since then. Change the mode to Resample and you will be able to modify the units.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

OK. Thanks for your answer; but how can I crop my picture in a non-uniform size (not proportional), because in "resample" mode, the cropping works in proportional way or uniform, that's to say that when I reduce the width the height is also affected…

Thanks a lot for your precious time answering my questions… Screenshot_2020-11-07_at_22_25_18.thumb.png.d3b0c2ed9f6bcfb9893d65b525289c1f.pngSorry…

24 minutes ago, arutnev said:

OK. Thanks for your answer; but how can I crop my picture in a non-uniform size (not proportional), because in "resample" mode, the cropping works in proportional way or uniform, that's to say that when I reduce the width the height is also affected…

Thanks a lot for your precious time answering my questions… Screenshot_2020-11-07_at_22_25_18.thumb.png.d3b0c2ed9f6bcfb9893d65b525289c1f.pngSorry…

You should select "Unconstrained" for this.

• No matter what default unit that is selected you can enter values in the size fields like this
    • 100 px
    • 20 in
    • 1 cm
    • 2 mm
  • You don't have to use the same unit; you can enter 2 in in the first value field (width) and 200 pixels in the next (height)
    • Photo will convert the value to the unit selected
    • If you just enter a number the unit selected will be used
    • The size of the crop selection is displayed in pixels next to the height field

image.png.3ff340753ade5fefbbea1d0568c5723f.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.