You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ok, So I have a couple of questions. First off I am a leatherworker and most of the stuff I am trying to do is pretty simple. I use Adobe illustrator and it works out great. You guys almost offer the same things. 

First question.  Do you offer something like the pathfinder in adobe illustrator.? 

Second, I am having such a hard time with the stoke tool. or the dashed line ------. Everything is in Pt (measurements) I want it to be in (MM) So for example,

if I want my dashes to be 4mm apart (-  -  -  -  -  -  -) What adjustments do I do to the dashed line? There are four boxes that all do something. and then to the far right, there is a phase option not sure if that matters or not. 

In adobe, I am just able to set my document to MM size. And then enter the number I want in the first box and it does the trick. basically, is there a way to change the pt measurements to mm.? 

Nice! now how am I able to get the spacing to 4 mm? I tried that and still when I put the number 4 in the second box or also the first and second box it does not measure it accurately. My Document is also set up in mm. All I need is to when I make a square shape. for the - - - - - to be exactly at 4 mm apart. 

10 minutes ago, Mexie7 said:

Nice! now how am I able to get the spacing to 4 mm? I tried that and still when I put the number 4 in the second box or also the first and second box it does not measure it accurately. My Document is also set up in mm. All I need is to when I make a square shape. for the - - - - - to be exactly at 4 mm apart. 

The gap is a multiple of the width/thickness/depth of the line. A 4 mm gap would be 8 for a 0.5mm line, 4 for a 1 mm line and so on.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.