You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashes when saving

LeLa

On 7/27/2022 at 3:17 PM, Dan C said:

No problem at all, according to the development log:

I do understand this must be frustrating, so please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused due to this - especially as it can happen even when exporting to local, 'unsynced' folders, so I will be sure to make sure this is marked as urgent with developers :)

Any news about this issue? I know that I have to select un synced folders, but my workflows are all on synced folders so, often when I export I get the last used folder ad I’m stuck…

• Staff

Unfortunately this issue is still logged with our developers and I will be sure to raise this with them once again for you now as I appreciate how critical this can be.
Our sincerest apologies for the continued inconveniences caused here.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Affinity Designer just crashed on me 3 times while trying to save a file. This is getting pretty silly. This issue has been open for almost a year, and you can't give us any progress update despite new feature and product launches? Especially frustrated that I bought the latest version of the Affinity suite praying almost entirely that it fixed this single bug. I don't care at all about the rest of the stuff you guys released, it's completely unimportant. You should always fix the bugs first. This has to be affecting a ton of users, honestly who isn't using a remote file manager like Dropbox these days? I log my reports every single time, I have to imagine the developers are just ignoring them. Can you please, please give us an update on when this bug will be fixed. It's seriously so annoying and wastes like 5 minutes every time I want to save a file, which is ALL THE TIME.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Export Persona hang in Open and Save Panel Process when Exporting Slices" (REF: AFD-5921) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1781".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

We don't have an official date currently, though I believe we are close to a release candidate for this version being ready and therefore we hope this will be sooner rather than later!

If you wish to try the beta in the meantime, you can find out more here - 

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!