You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Your free trial has expired – keep creating for a one-off fee

I have installed Affinity Photo trial, but I have not activated the trial. Today I received the below email and wanted to check has my trial actually expired if I haven't clicked on 'activate trial'?

If this is just a glitch, and I start the trial later, will I have an opportunity to avail of discount?

Thanks a million

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 20.27.20.png

It's 10 days from installation date. As far as I am aware, there is no discount for anyone using the trial version.

In short: you should not have installed the trial until you wanted to test it.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

18 minutes ago, Ali said:

It's 10 days from installation date.

I’ve always understood it to be ten days from first launch, but the trial clock runs continuously (rather than counting the days when you actually use the app) so if you run it briefly after installation merely to satisfy yourself that it’s installed correctly, the trial period will start even if you don’t do anything other than quit the app at that point.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I don't think there are many people who wouldn't launch an app they'd just installed to check it had installed correctly, do you? ;)

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

I don’t think I would launch a newly installed app and not try a few simple things with it, but perhaps that’s just me!

Alfred spacer.png

But if, upon launching, there is a button to "Activate Trial" and you exit the program without pressing that button, I would hope the trial clock wouldn't start.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Affinity_Pro, welcome to the Affinity forum.

If you've not yet clicked "Start My Trial" you will still have access to it.

We send out the email you received presuming that people will be so excited to try it out, that they won't be able to resist using it the moment they have access to it. 10 days later, we send the email informing that the trial has expired.

So don't worry, if you've not yet began the trial, you still have a full 10 days to play with the app and see what you think.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

• Staff
4 hours ago, Ali said:

But the OP has received the second E-mail already, so ...

That's a sentence I can definitely finish :) 

...it must have been 10 days since they originally signed up.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

5 hours ago, Ali said:

@StevenS But the OP has received the second E-mail already, so ... ;)

22 minutes ago, StevenS said:

That's a sentence I can definitely finish :) 

...it must have been 10 days since they originally signed up.

In your previous post you wrote:

5 hours ago, StevenS said:

We send out the email you received presuming that people will be so excited to try it out, that they won't be able to resist using it the moment they have access to it. 10 days later, we send the email informing that the trial has expired.

So what does the first email say? You seem to be confirming that the email in the OP’s screenshot is the second one.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
29 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You seem to be confirming that the email in the OP’s screenshot is the second one.

It is the second one. We send it out 10 days after the user signs up, but as we advised OP - they "still have a full 10 days to play with the app", if they've not clicked the "Start My Trial" option.

29 minutes ago, Alfred said:

So what does the first email say?

Thank you for signing up to our trial, with links to tutorials etc to help people get the most from the app.

Would it be clearer if I wrote...

We send out that email 10 days after you originally signed up for the trial on the presumption you will be so excited to try it out immediately etc etc

I think the important thing is that OP understood the message and that they can still use the trial.

1 hour ago, StevenS said:

I think the important thing is that OP understood the message and that they can still use the trial.

Still unanswered, I think, is the question of whether they can still get the 10% discount offered in the email if they start the trial later.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
17 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

whether they can still get the 10% discount offered in the email if they start the trial later.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:28 PM, Affinity_Pro said:

will I have an opportunity to avail of discount?

Thanks Walt :) I did miss that part at the end in my haste to give OP the correct information.

Further down the email that was originally shared there will be an area like the one below that does include info concerning when the voucher code will expire. However there is some discretion and OP can reply to the email if/when they choose to get the app and we would gladly honour the discount offered.

10% OFF AFFINITY DESIGNER
*DISCOUNT CODE HERE*
Your voucher will automatically be applied to your basket
Your voucher will expire in 7 days.