You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo is Apple's Best Mac App of 2015

Dale

• 1 month later...

Time for a bump.  I'm in the process of buying a less than 9 month old 5K 27" 3.2GHz quad iMac - for less than £1000 - I'd say that was a bargain.

Anyways - its a late 2015 model - so I was comparing the old with the new, on Apple's website, when I spotted this;

http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/performance/

below 2nd Paragraph which starts - "Think Fast.  We Did."

I guess Apple are giving their own approval to Affinity Photo.

Well done again guys and gals.

All the awards, praise and congratulations are obviously very well deserved for all the hard work that Serif's developers have put in.

May these awards, based on the hard work, which has opened Serif's Affinity products up to the 'Wondrous World of the MAC' bring from the increased marketplace their due rewards.

BUT in the midst of all this 'jubilation' may I ask that 'the young guns of Serif' do not forget those long loyal customers who used Serif products, then called programs, when to the professional market they were looked upon as being not much more than for the hobbyist. 

All those long loved programs, the loyal, repeated purchase of which in their various forms helped fund the development of Affinity are now confined to the status of Legacy, with no further development.

To add insult to injury it has been made obvious that there is, and will be, no 'cross platform' between DrawPlus/PhotoPlus and Affinity Designer/Photo, nor in the future between PagePlus and Affinity Publisher, meaning that if those users are to remain loyal to Serif they will have to have Legacy programs installed alongside their Affinity apps. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...