You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad App crashing when in Tone Mapping persona

Dean123

35 minutes ago, Dean123 said:

Every time I go to the tone mapping persona, the app crashes, I’ve tried closing my documents and restarting my iPad but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Can you upload a sample image or .afphoto file that crashes for others to test. Also useful to state which iPad you are using, which version of iPadOS and which version of the AP app you are using.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 8 months later...

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem on Mac with High Sierra and a very new Affinity photo version 1.10.5.. It happens with any photo immediately when I go to the tone mapping persona. It hangs itself. Looks like it's processing something with a blue bar that says "tone map", but doesn't do anything. I have not found out, yet what tone mapping even is. I can't cancel the process, I can't shut down Affinity, I can't even restart my computer. I have to emergency restart...... Everything crashes. Also I can't find any customer support to help me with that problem.

Happy for any help!

Tanja

• Staff

Hi @takk,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Can you please confirm for me:

• Does this happen with any image, or only certain files?
  • What file type are you opening in Affinity to try and Tone Map?
  • How long do you wait for the app to enter the Tone Mapping persona? Depending on the image size etc, this may take longer than expected for the initialisation.

If possible, are you able to provide a screen recording of this for us?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @takk,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Can you please confirm for me:

• Does this happen with any image, or only certain files?
  • What file type are you opening in Affinity to try and Tone Map?
  • How long do you wait for the app to enter the Tone Mapping persona? Depending on the image size etc, this may take longer than expected for the initialisation.

If possible, are you able to provide a screen recording of this for us?

Many thanks in advance!

Hey Dan!

I did not see that there was an answer in the forum. Sorry that I haven't answered, yet. I found out what the problem seems to be with the support. It happens when I open very big files. The tone mapping process can't handle big photo files. It does the job but so slow (around 10 Minutes) that I thought it crashed. Also because it's not possible to stop the process. I have installed the new Affinity 2 now and it still isn't able to process big photo files with tone mapping (around 13 MB). I guess I'll have to make the photos a bit smaller. Since I am not a professional photographer, this should not be a problem for me.

All the best and thanks for your message, Tanja