You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Keyboard Shortcuts, Gestures and Expressions

• Staff

Use print-ready keyboard shortcut cheat sheets to help increase your design efficiency. The cheat sheets are presented per Persona with additional gesture and expressions sheets included.

Affinity Designer Cheat sheets (Download)

post-10-0-06334300-1449671736_thumb.png

Comprises:

• Draw Persona
  • Pixel Persona
  • Advanced Text
  • Gestures
  • Expressions

Affinity Photo Cheat sheets (Download)

post-10-0-75376600-1449671741_thumb.png

Comprises:

• Photo Persona
  • Liquify Persona
  • Develop Persona
  • Panorama Persona
  • Advanced Text
  • Gestures
  • Expressions

Affinity Designer + Photo Cheat sheets Pack (Download)

If you’re a fan of customizing shortcuts to suit your preferred way of working, you can customize you own shortcut cheat sheets too. Simply download and edit an .afdesign template files in the Shortcuts Template zip file.

Comprises:

• Designer Shortcuts Template
  • Photo Shortcuts Template

Best Wishes

Affinity Documentation

• Staff

Hi Asvolas,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can set whatever shortcuts you want in Affinity Designer/Photo going to Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section.

You can also press and hold ⌃(ctrl) + ⌥ (option/alt) while dragging the mouse horizontally to set the size of the brush, and vertically to set its hardness.

• Staff

Hi Bobhorgan,

You'll find a superset of keyboard shortcuts in Designer or Photo Help, which is presented in list form as you prefer.

Just search for "shortcuts".

One thing to note is that more complex multi-key shortcuts can't be presented on a keyboard layout cheat sheet easily so you'll find these in the Help.

Regards

Andy Capstick

Affinity Documentation 

Hello everyone,

I've download the templates (zip file). If I open it in designer I get "missing fonts" message. The fonts are missing are Muli and Myriad Pro. Can anyone tell me where I can download this fonts?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas,

-elias

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi elias,

The Muli font is available as a google font - at https://www.google.com/fonts

Myriad Pro is an Adobe font which you get with Adobe products and can be obtained via TypeKit https://typekit.com/foundries/adobe.

If you don't want to go down that route, an alternative font will be used in place of any missing font within Designer.

Regards

Andy Capstick

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Asvolas,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can set whatever shortcuts you want in Affinity Designer/Photo going to Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section.

You can also press and hold ⌃(ctrl) + ⌥ (option/alt) while dragging the mouse horizontally to set the size of the brush, and vertically to set its hardness.

Hi to all,

how can I save the Preferences in the way ti get them back each time opening the app?

Rolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the AP "shortcuts" PDF under Photo Persona you document the [o] key as "Cycle Sponge/Dodge/Burn". However the [o] key also cycles through the crop overlay styles. Not sure how you can add this information to this already crowed document, but other than searching the forums, it appears that one would not find out how to cycle through the overlay styles via the published shortcuts.

Michael

@MJSfoto1956

Thanks for the note, Michael.

You are, of course, correct that O also cycles through the crop overlay styles. However, you must first select the Crop Tool for this to happen.

We aim for our shortcuts documents to be as comprehensive as possible without losing accessibility. Adding tool-specific shortcuts would make the document almost unusable.

However, both Affinity Designer Help and Affinity Photo Help have a shortcuts topic which is should be fully comprehensive (and does mention the alternative use of the O shortcut). If you discover a shortcut we've missed in this shortcuts topic, please let us know.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks handy to know.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• 2 months later...

Liked the Apple Keyboard shortcut map and would like/suggest a Windows version

In meantime ammended the Pesona map for Windows see attached.

Please excuse any mistakes and let me know . Edited in AP

Thanks

Mapline

Keyboard.afphoto

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

Is there a way to increase/decrease the brush size on a german keyboard? I don't have those 2 keys which are assigned for it on the english keyboard.

I know it's an old post but maybe it helps someone: the ] [ Keys can't be used for multiple key shortcuts, but to increase / decrease brush size you can reach it (Windows) via AltGr-9 (= ]) and AltGr8 (= [)

I generally I have reassigned Ctrl-Alt-] to Ctrl-Alt-ö and Ctrl-Alt-[ to Ctrl-Alt-ä  (and the resp. Ctrl-)

For the brush sizes I have changed to [ ] to - + as those where unassigned, feel natural and are single keystrokes without modifier key on the german keyboard

Using Ctrl-Alt and mousedrag does not work for me, that's probably sth that only works on Apple where there is Cmd, Ctrl and Alt and Ctrl (Windows) is Cmd (Apple) and there is no third modifier on windows used by Affinity (did I get that right?)

Liked the Apple Keyboard shortcut map and would like/suggest a Windows version

In meantime ammended the Pesona map for Windows see attached.

Please excuse any mistakes and let me know . Edited in AP

Thanks

Mapline

Thanks for sharing this as an editable file - that helps to change it to international layouts and individual settings.

Please make windows versions - and make them available as editable resources! :)