You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity LUT help does not reflect version 1.10.4?

Hi. I'm trying to import a LUT from my desktop into Affinity.  However the import LUT instructions as per Affinity seem to be different from what I'm seeing.  

Below are the verbatim instructions from Affinity's help section.  My problem occurs at step 4.  There is no 'Options' button to click on anywhere in the LUT panel that opens.  I've also tried holding down the 'option key' with my track pad in a few areas to no avail.  Is there a new/different procedure?  I've included an image of the LUT panel that I'm seeing with no 'Option' button.  You will note that I have used the LOAD LUT, but then there is no indication of what's next, as in 'Apply' or 'Store'.   Thanks in advance 🙏

To import LUTs:

1. Create or open a document.
  2. In the Photo Persona or Tone Mapping Persona, select the Adjustment panel.
  3. Click the LUT adjustment.
  4. Click Options, then do one of the following:
    • Select Import LUTs if the add-on is a .cube, .csp, .3dl, or .look file.
    • Select Import LUT Category if the add-on is an .afluts file.
  5. Browse to and select the file you want to import.
  6. Click Open.

LUT Panel.png

39 minutes ago, David in Яuislip said:

Yes, it could do with a tidy up. Clicking the cog oughta help

LUTsCOG.png

Thank you.  Didn't see that cog, as it only is located in the 'Adjustment Panel' and not within the LUT from the 'Layers Panel'.  I now was able to load the new LUT into my library. That said... although it thankfully appears in my library (within the 'Adjustment Panel') after selecting it, the popup-panel I posted earlier... opens in exactly the same way.  I'm confused.  How do I simply 'Apply it' to my 'Background' that is selected?  There is no simple button for doing so.  Nor does it apply by merely selecting it.  (Besides the earlier window opening, a new panel above my Background image is created with a very generic label of 'LUT'... but I can't seem to get it to function by tweaking this either). Very confused here. 🤔 Thanks again! 

Addendum: It could be the nature of my LUT.  It was self created for Black and White.  I created it from instruction exactly as the 'author' showed.  However, since posting this reply, I tried using someone else's LUT's and they worked by merely clicking on them.  So... it seems I may need to do something different.  At least... you helped in getting my LUT into the Library!  Thanks again David. 🙏

10 minutes ago, Wilus said:

Nor does it apply by merely selecting it.

It should do. Here I have Rainbow imported into the LUT adjustment library. I used a marquee to show the effect better then clicked Rainbow. The effect was applied and the LUT panel opened showing the LUT as Rainbow.cube

LUTrainbow.jpg

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Thank you David.  I edited my reply with an 'Addendum'.  (Probably after you read my original post).   Selecting a LUT does indeed apply it.  You are correct.  Unfortunately, my custom black and white LUT isn't swapping out colors as other LUT's I've tried.  (Even though I created it from a black and white photo). However, my personal LUT does tweak my image IF... I convert the Background image to black and white first.  So it's coming from my LUT obviously.  This is another issue... for a different thread.  I'll figure it out.  Sigh... 🙂

6 hours ago, Wilus said:

I've included an image of the LUT panel that I'm seeing with no 'Option' button.

FWIW, if you hover the pointer over the gear icon for a few seconds, a tooltip pops up identifying it as the "Options" button. To make it easier to identify things like this, you can open Preferences > User Interface in the app & set the tooltip delay slider almost all the way to the right. Once you have become more familiar with what the icons & buttons are, you can increase the delay so the tooltips won't pop up as quickly, potentially distracting you from what you are working on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7