You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table formats: Impossible to modify or delete a table format, crash the app instantly

As said, it's impossible to modify a table format. On clicking "OK", the app crashes.

I though I would modify an existing table and create a new format from the selection.That is possible, but wanting to simply rename it crashes the app.

I tried to delete the previous format (before or after applying the new one to existing tables): the app also crash each time.

• 1 month later...

Hi Wosven,

I have no trouble with changing formatting in a table or changing a format's name or applying new formats without any crashing. I've attached a publication, made using Publisher Beta, showing some table formatting examples and hopefully this might help you in some ways.  

table formatting.afpubtable formatting.afpub

If you still find your app is crashing then Serif would appreciate you providing a crash report see below post by moderator Leigh October 1st, 2019

You may have been asked to provide a crash report when speaking with our support team. 
This will help them look into your issue further and hopefully allow our developers to 
figure out what caused the crash. Below are instructions explaining where the Crash Reports 
are stored on Windows

Press the Windows Key + R to launch the Run dialog and enter the relevant app path:

%AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports
%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports
%AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports
Our crash reports will have a filename that's made up of random alphanumeric characters 
and will have a .dmp extension. 

If you can find that report and attach  it in your next post, it will be helpful to the Serif developers

Another way is to go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Pman

Asus Vivobook 15  Intel I7 processor,  Intel Iris X graphics, Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 (64 bit),  32GB RAM.  
Affinity Designer 10.5.1342, Photo 1.10.5.1342, Publisher 1.10.5.1342 
Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.5.1342, Photo Beta  1.10.5.1342, Publisher  Beta  1.10.2.1282 

Edited by PMan
Another way to find crash reports

It's nice of you to try to help, you can test the file if you want: for example, just add a background color in a cell style and hit "OK":

tests.afpub

I needed the same style in the different files with the apps shortcuts, since I wanted to translate them in French. That's why there's this file with all the needed tables I simply needed to have the same style in the original files, anddo some modifications at some points.

It keeps on crashing the 1.10.5.1282 beta version, but not the recent 1.105.1342 release available recently.

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

It keeps on crashing the 1.10.5.1282 beta version, but not the recent 1.105.1342 release available recently

So the problem is resolved, then?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:16 PM, Wosven said:

It's nice of you to try to help, you can test the file if you want: for example, just add a background color in a cell style and hit "OK":

tests.afpub

I needed the same style in the different files with the apps shortcuts, since I wanted to translate them in French. That's why there's this file with all the needed tables I simply needed to have the same style in the original files, anddo some modifications at some points.

It keeps on crashing the 1.10.5.1282 beta version, but not the recent 1.105.1342 release available recently.

As you note, it certainly isn't crashing on Publisher 1.10.5.1342 or Publisher Beta 1.10.5.1282 so tables should work fine for you now

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.