You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

inpainting with flip and rotate.

It's a huge improvement in Photoshop .   Makes in-painted areas so much less repetitive  visually.    Would be nice to have flip option in  patch tool too   like   Photoshop content aware move tool can .   

I believe it's nothing really hard  to do , basically an extra math operation in the process  and for patch tool is just a gizmo option

I believe that the Stamp Tool has some ability to do this sort of thing. That is if I understand what you are wanting to be able to do. Check the Context Toolbar for options.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

I believe that the Stamp Tool has some ability to do this sort of thing

Yes,but stamp tools is an ancient concept . It doesn't do anything cool like matching/fusing  cloned  piece into new surrounding .      I have no idea why somebody still use it when there are patch tool, heal tool, content aware move in Psh and inpainting .       My guess it still there for historic  purpose mostly, an atavism of a past.  

11 minutes ago, kirk23 said:

I have no idea why somebody still use it when there are patch tool, heal tool, content aware move in Psh and inpainting .

Because it works, it works well. And the other tools, the newer tools, are tools which are based on it. Also, in my experience, often the newer tools won't do the job yet the Stamp tool can.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

On 2/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, Old Bruce said:

Because it works,

Yes, I also usually use a stamp that does exactly what I want. Other "cool" tools can do a good job in many cases, but quite often their result is much worse, so they need to adapt and finish.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.