You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When Clicking on A Layer It Selects A Far Away Layer

This is a great example of why I hate animated GIFs. I have no idea what is going on here. Layers are flashing...

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

This is a great example of why I hate animated GIFs. I have no idea what is going on here. Layers are flashing...

Ok, since it repeated I was wondering if people were going to understand it.

Here is the recording. When I click on the Fra Luca layer, it switches to the "Letter E Montage" Layer at about the :12 or :13 mark.

https://recordit.co/THylpI5LxG
Lol about the flashing. (I'm switching between layers and trying to rename. I work rapidly. Thank you League of Legends.)

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you

This is strange I have not been able to replicate this in my version of Designer 

Can you please let me know the mouse setting that you are using as I am wondering if this may be a polling lag and Windows is still thinking that the mouse cursor is in a different location when the mouse button is clicked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, using mac.

I use a G600 mouse. Thought it might be the mouse based on your polling comment.

So I switched back to regular magic mac mouse.

Still happens. Very frustrating because I'm naming hundreds of things.

I made this file.

Try renaming Artboard 1 to "Testing Number 1-1a", "Testing Number 1-2b", etc for the entire file as fast as you possibly can.

You have to do a lot, because you'll think it's working at first, but after the 9th one or so, it just goes nuts and starts highlighting other layers. Also start closing up the layer, and then stuff happens like opacity turns to 40% if I'm typing a number.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are able to replicate.

Demo of renaming Problem.afdesign