You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing Artboards anywhere on the bounding box

Minor feature request. Right now artboards are resized only by 8 control points around the bounding box. When working on very long artboard (e.g. website) if I want to make it wider I have to zoom out to find the exact point and resize with it. Please add ability to resize anywhere on the bounding box like in Figma.

Can you not use the Layers pane to select the artboard and the Transform pane to resize?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

10 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Can you not use the Layers pane to select the artboard and the Transform pane to resize?

That’s what I would do. Or double-click on the thumbnail in the Layers panel to make the object zoom to fit the window so that the side adjustment handles are readily accessible.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just now, Alfred said:

That’s what I would do. Or double-click on the thumbnail in the Layers panel to make the object zoom to fit so that the side adjustment handles are readily accessible.

Problem with Zoom to fit is that I am usually immersed in work on part of the document when I need such resizing. Constantly zooming in/out interferes with the process. There shouldn't be so many actions.

Why use an artboard if you are having to resize it more than the once when it is first created? Do your work then make the artboard.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Why use an artboard if you are having to resize it more than the once when it is first created? Do your work then make the artboard.

Example: Responsive website.

May I ask why the questions? Will this feature somehow interfere with your workflow?

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

Example: Responsive website.

No idea what that is.

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

May I ask why the questions? Will this feature somehow interfere with your workflow?

Of course you can ask and my answer is it would actually improve my workflow. I support the idea and am kind of confused as to why it is not already available as a keyboard shortcut or just as a redrawing of the handle to the screen's current location and zoom.

I am just making suggestions trying to help with the work, not saying we shouldn't have this as an improvement. Sorry if I came across that way.

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

No idea what that is.

Affinity Designer has nice Constraints Studio, that allows to immediately visualise how elements will look like and behave on different website widths. But of course I need to constantly resize it for this purpose.

6 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Affinity Designer has nice Constraints Studio

I have never used the word nice when I work with the Constraints. I need to use it more frequently to get its capabilities stuck firmly and correctly in my head, I mostly just fight with it for a long time.