You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Please show us the full folder names and paths...

An easy way to do this is to open a new plain text document in TextEdit & from the Finder showing the Presets folder for Designer, drag each of the *.preset files into the TextEdit document, pressing return after dragging each one into that document so they are all on separate lines.

Then select all, copy, & paste into your reply.

Please make it clear which Mac these files are in & do this for both of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V23.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, albertkinng said:

OK, The video might be confusing. Forget the video. ...

I have been playing around with this and it is weird. Here on Mac I can delete a preset from the folder in the Finder and in Publisher the preset is there in the list and it works. If I rename the preset in Publisher, the file in Finder disappears, there is no renamed file. The preset is still available in Publisher and works.

Something is off, I don't quite understand what.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.2 
Affinity Designer 2.3.1 | Affinity Photo 2.3.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.3.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

30 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Here on Mac I can delete a preset from the folder in the Finder and in Publisher the preset is there in the list and it works

If Publisher was running when you deleted the file, and had a handle active for the file, then although it might disappear from Finder it would not physically be deleted. Once you closed Publisher or did something that released the file handle, the physical deletion would happen.

That's standard Unix/Linux file handling.

Renaming within Publisher might or might not show up in Finder, depending on how or when it decides to show a refreshed view of the file system.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

On 3/30/2022 at 3:10 PM, R C-R said:

Then select all, copy, & paste into your reply.

Please make it clear which Mac these files are in & do this for both of them.

Old Mac:

/Users/studiok/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/presets

New Mac:

/Users/akdesigns/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/presets

When I move the file from the old Mac to the New Mac, the app doesn't recognize it.

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

1 hour ago, albertkinng said:

When I move the file from the old Mac to the New Mac, the app doesn't recognize it.

Just to confirm, on the new Mac AD was not running when you dragged the old file into it?

Also, do the two Macs have the same screen sizes & are they the same type (desktop or laptop)? I don't know if that makes any difference but it might ... somehow.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V23.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

AD wasn’t running on any of them. The setup is the same. The only change was taking out an old Mac Mini and install a new one. Everything else is exactly the same. It simply doesn’t work. Moving a file does not work. It supposed to but it doesn’t. 

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 10:09 AM, mink said:

Don't you agree as well, there should be a simple way to export and import these files from within the preferences panel in the apps? Would be super helpfull.

Indeed, a straight forward Studio-presets-export function would be of massive help. I only hope the next upgrade makes it possible. That'd be so cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried porting my studio presets over to a new Mac and also couldn't get it to work at first. But here are the complete list of files one needs to transfer over to get it to work:

First make sure that you save your Studio Preset for each of the Personas i.e. 3 for Designer and 5 for Photo (or however many you choose). I always thought one Preset applied to all Personas but this is not the case.

Then copy over the following files (these are for Designer but applies equally to Photo and probably Publisher as well):

User > Library > Application Support > Affinity Designer 2 > presets, user, personas.dat, preferences.dat, shortcuts.affshortcuts (if any were set)
User > Library > Group Containers > 6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs > v2 > user
User > Library > Preferences > com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner2.plist

This should transfer all Studio Presets and app settings as well as brushes, macros, etc. and worked for me using Affinity v2 Designer and Photo.