You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dale

Awesome news! :) After ditching my Adobe Design Suite membership last year, it is time to throw away my recent design tool (Sketch from Bohemian Coding) and choose Affinity Designer & Photo as the one and only primary professional web design tools.

iOS Swift Developer  SwiftUI Designer and Animator @ SwiftUI Masterclass Course

robert-petras-ios-developer.png

I updated Affinity Photo the other day on the App Store site.

That site says 1.4 was downloaded.

However when I open the Affinity program it says 1.3.5.

Did it download or not?

Thanks for your help.

Beautiful new images on the sites..  :wub:

Just a tiny glitch at the designer page when it comes to columns height.

iVUTCvI.png

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

• Staff

Hi thedane96,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Use the trackpad to rotate the canvas. If you don't have one available the only way is to go to menu View ▸ Rotate Left/Right (you can use the command more than once). To reset the rotation use the Reset Rotation command in the same menu.

Another 'problem' on the Affinity site.

When you're viewing a single blog post, you can't navigate to the blog index page via the menu on the top right side.

Give it a try. Visit this link and after that you click on BLOG in the main menu.

https://affinity.serif.com/blog/free-daub-vector-brush-set-for-affinity-designer/

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

Another 'problem' on the Affinity site.

When you're viewing a single blog post, you can't navigate to the blog index page via the menu on the top right side.

Give it a try. Visit this link and after that you click on BLOG in the main menu.

https://affinity.serif.com/blog/free-daub-vector-brush-set-for-affinity-designer/

Yep, annoying, at the moment it takes a click on the Affinity logo first. We're working on it, WordPress has limits!

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

WordPress has limits!

Nonononono, no. I’m not going to let this excuse count. That’s only if you don’t know how to use it to its fullest potential. But I can understand that given that you people are probably professional software developers but not professional web developers.

Just guessing but to me that looks like a simple JavaScript issue that when the blog item is the “current page”, clicking on it will prevent the item from reloading the page. The only thing that’s needed it a modification of that particular part of the script. That doesn’t even have anything to do with Wordpress itself.

Edit: There, I’m doing the work for you. It’s in /static/js/script.min.js – the script is minified so I can’t give a specific line number but with a simple search for “data-active-page” you’ll find the offending part:

l.on("click",function(t){e(this).is("[data-active-page]")&&(u.close(),t.preventDefault())})

The simplest solution would be to just remove the t.preventDefault() function. This will cause the link to reload the current page on click but that’s a very minor annoyance, if any, in my opinion. It will make the blog link work properly, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Nonononono, no. I’m not going to let this excuse count. That’s only if you don’t know how to use it to its fullest potential. But I can understand that given that you people are probably professional software developers but not professional web developers.

Just guessing but to me that looks like a simple JavaScript issue that when the blog item is the “current page”, clicking on it will prevent the item from reloading the page. The only thing that’s needed it a modification of that particular part of the script. That doesn’t even have anything to do with Wordpress itself.

Edit: There, I’m doing the work for you. It’s in /static/js/script.min.js – the script is minified so I can’t give a specific line number but with a simple search for “data-active-page” you’ll find the offending part:

l.on("click",function(t){e(this).is("[data-active-page]")&&(u.close(),t.preventDefault())})

The simplest solution would be to just remove the t.preventDefault() function. This will cause the link to reload the current page on click but that’s a very minor annoyance, if any, in my opinion. It will make the blog link work properly, though.

Well, while I like that you're engaged with this issue, I don't think it's fair to say that our people do not include professional web developers. The Affinity web developers felt similarly. 

A fix was not deemed urgent before as there are workarounds and also muuuch bigger changes on the way, but since you raised it the guys are rolling out a fix. It's a change in the WordPress theme, not the suggested edit to the javascript that would have had consequences across the website.

• 2 weeks later...

The team have released a pair of incremental updates to 1.4.1This pair of bug-fix updates improve stability and performance, and are recommended for all customers. The focus is mainly on fixes this time; we’ll be adding more exciting new features very soon!

Visit your Mac App Store and click on the Updates page to get the latest releases for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

Key improvements

Fixed unwanted persistent Open dialog

Stability improved for PNG export

Improved PSD export

Improved PDF and SVG import and export

Improved 16-bit editing performance

Improved pan/zoom performance on 5k iMac

Updated shortcuts and custom shortcuts options

Fixes to text, spell checking and OpenType behaviour

Fixed file save/open issue related to deleted slices

Fixed issues for colour-calibrated workflows on Mountain Lion

Fixed an issue with ProPhoto colour profiles on Mavericks

Splash screen issue sorted

Styles applied consistently across objects of different sizes

Specific to Affinity Photo

Crop tool improvements

Corrected some Live Filter issues

Improved 16-bit editing performance

Specific to Affinity Designer

Lots of Artboards improvements

Unclip/clip the canvas to view/hide items in the pasteboard area

Pixel preview improved

Divide geometry improved on curves using Corners

For a more detailed list you can read about the last beta builds submitted to the app store for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

So...out of curiosity...is Designer supposed to be $24.99 (USD) right now, or is that an error? Photo is listed at it's normal price of $49.99 (USD).

Seems intentional... that's the price listed on the web site as well.  Photo has since gone up, however.

Just tried to update from Affinity Photo 1.4 to 1.4.1 via the App Store, but no can do.

When I click on the [uPDATE] button, the animation which indicates a download starts - then I get the error:

"Affinity Photo failed to download, Use the Purchases page to try again."

Anybody know what the "Purchases page" is, and how to find it?

-gw

• Staff

Hi garywright and legendofzelda,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To access the Purchases page, open App Store application and click in the Purchased icon on top. You will have access to a list of all your purchased apps from which you can install apps presssing the corresponding install button on the right. If it still fails to install, drag Affinity Photo (or Designer) from your Applications folder to the trash and try to install it again as described,