You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font names are in Chinese on both iPad and Mac OS

gec118

I use Designer on iPad frequently, on Mac OS less so. In the last few days the currently selected font is named in Chinese, yet the font list is in English and there are no Chinese named fonts there. This is the same on both iOS and Mac OS.

The only thing I can think of is that in the last few days I have started using an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (from my workplace) on both iPad and Mac which is installing a few of the fonts. But this behaviour is happening both to Adobe fonts (e.g. Cheap Pine) and non-Adobe ones (e.g. DIN Condensed).

My iPad version is apparently 1.10.19, even though the latest build is apparently 1.10.3. I'm very confused.
Can anyone shed any light on this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on desktop but not on iPad.

iPad Pro running 15.3 with 1.10.19 (and MacBook Pro running 12.1 with a newly downloaded and installed 1.10.4)

IMG_3348.thumb.PNG.5f51be0724b0ae79a33da5efd5ae3564.PNGIMG_3347.thumb.PNG.ae52fe73ed810e22206453e18bffef72.PNGIMG_3349.thumb.PNG.fdd29eac548829fe0b09d617fb84393c.PNG

• Staff

This is a known issue we are currently investigating, I apologise for any inconvenience it might cause you. How did you go about installing the fonts on your iPad/Desktop did you use a 3rd party app or were they just installed via Creative Cloud?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

35 minutes ago, Callum said:

This is a known issue we are currently investigating, I apologise for any inconvenience it might cause you. How did you go about installing the fonts on your iPad/Desktop did you use a 3rd party app or were they just installed via Creative Cloud?

Thanks
C

@CallumThe fonts on both devices are just automatically installed via the creative cloud apps.

• 11 months later...

It's worse than annoying. If you return to a design you were working on some time ago and want to know the font name, perhaps to use elsewhere, you can't because it's in Chinese.

It's a bug that was in version 1 and hasn't been fixed for version 2. It's not even a hidden, occasionally seen bug, but a nuisance every time you use Designer.

Please fix it!!

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iPad] Fonts installed from creative cloud show on context toolbar with name in Chinese " (REF: AFD-6170) has been improved by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:48 AM, Callum said:

Thanks
C

Any updates?? I'm having the same issue on ipad

9 hours ago, SLMc said:

Any updates?? I'm having the same issue on ipad

The latest status update was on March 30 (post just above yours), which indicates it is improved in the previous 2.1 beta (there is a newer one just out). You could try installing the beta and see if it works better for you.

For more information: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1