You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I remember a trick that used to work with Adobe’s software: Change the computer’s date back to the point before the expiry date. Perhaps this works with Affinity, too?

Suggesting a way to overcome a company's trial package security on a company's own forum is bold :)

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Suggesting a way to overcome a company's trial package security on a company's own forum is bold :)

Yeah, I know. I had second thoughts about it for a second (haha), but I figured it would be for a legitimate cause. Whoever is too cheap to buy Affinity software and is willing to go through these lengths on a regular basis won’t ever be a customer anyway.

As a matter of fact, just recently I read a blog post by Urban Games, a small independent game studio, about selling DRM-free games and piracy. They believe that sales wouldn’t automatically go up and piracy down if they sold only games with DRM. So, I don’t think that knowing how to overcome the trial check will seriously decrease revenue in the long run.

Yeah, I know. I had second thoughts about it for a second (haha), but I figured it would be for a legitimate cause. Whoever is too cheap to buy Affinity software and is willing to go through these lengths on a regular basis won’t ever be a customer anyway.

As a matter of fact, just recently I read a blog post by Urban Games, a small independent game studio, about selling DRM-free games and piracy. They believe that sales wouldn’t automatically go up and piracy down if they sold only games with DRM. So, I don’t think that knowing how to overcome the trial check will seriously decrease revenue in the long run.

It's OK Stephan, if it became an issue the posts would vanish; no harm no foul.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super