You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pasted image is off screen/off document.

Ray C

I use Publisher to compose and print labels. I have experienced this problems on many files.

This file is made up of 29 small labels 1.75 x .50 inches each. When I paste an image into one of the labels, it appears far below the the label. In this file the pasted image is at Y=33.652 inches relative to the label I am trying to paste it into.

I created a new file using the built in template for Print, Business Card, 80 mm x 55 mm. I paste the same image into this file, and it appears in the business card, where I want it. 

Perhaps I am making these files wrong? This file is attached.

Avery 5422 1x75 by x50.afpub

I would think there are many reasons why the images end up where they are like what tool or page / canvas was selected when you pasted. I am confused as why you would use individual pages if you intend printing these labels out as you will only get one label per page?

If you use the Avery pdf template and design your labels on the template then unclick the template layer before you export print you will have 20 labels to a page. A lot of your text boxes are overflowing so you need to expand them or lower the point size. You also have a lot of blank text boxes and art text words split in different frames. 

Avery5422PrintorWriteMultiUseLabels.afpub Avery5422PrintorWriteMultiUseLabels.pdf

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

41 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

I am confused as why you would use individual pages if you intend printing these labels out as you will only get one label per page?

If the label size is the page size, you can use the ‘N-up’ feature to print multiple labels per sheet.

Affinity Publisher Help: Print

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Normally i would say that's feasible using plain paper, which I have done myself for raffle tickets, but as these are going to be pre-die cut labels 20 per page with no spacing between the labels the register would be so critical given the margins on each label.

I have done these for stickers for children having flu vaccination and it is so easy for the image to drift on inkjet or office photocopier

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Can you post a link to the image you are trying to paste?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad