You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo not responding.

Hi,

I haven’t had a chance all day to get to my computer until now.

Herewith details as requested;

Processor: i5-104000, 2.9 GHz on Windows 10

RAM: 24 GB installed

Graphics card NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super

Affinity Photo version 1.10.4.1198 with hardware acceleration enabled.

My workflow is straight forward. I import raw into the Develop Persona and do all my processing in the Photo Persona. This comprises initially straightening and cleaning up the image followed with adjustments as required for levels, Curves, HSL etc. and finishing with unsharp mask. It’s nothing complicated and finally I export the image as a Tiff and save the image with layers as an affinity photo.

I still don’t understand why at critical stage in the workflow AF stops responding and when it does I go to the task manager and end task. When I switch AF back on, If I’m lucky I get a recovery file and if I don’t I start all over again. I get no error message as such except to say Affinity is not responding.

I have done quite a bit of editing this evening with no hitch. The only additional step now in my workflow is to save the image every so often.

Hope this gives you the necessary background to my problem.

Regards

Bill

• Staff
3 hours ago, HerrBill said:

Maybe one of the moderators might have some idea as to what causes AP to stop responding during an edit.!  And

bear in mind that this is only a recent occurrenceThanks

If this happens again please try disabling hardware acceleration, this may well solve your issue :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

I didn't expect to report back so soon. This morning while reviewing previously edited images, the images displayed  stark continuous horizontal lines across the photo. I immediately reset hardware acceleration and when I viewed the same images again, all were all good.

The only conclusion i can come to is that Affinity photo is misbehaving but I don't know why?

The question is should i download a new version of affinity photo and see if the 'non responding' persists. what do you think? So over to you for advice.